Arc 1, Chapter 3: Anomaly (UPDATED)

Reed, Next Morning:

Initiation day.

For someone like Headmaster Ozpin to hold initiation, a man with little to no cares left in the world, this won't be your usual huntsmen initiation.

Oh well.

I get off the floor and head over to where the lockers are. They made us store our stuff in here so that the ground wasn't littered in other peoples stuff.

I change into a black shirt with an open black jacket with fur on the back. Next are the red pants and black combat boots that reach up to my knees. The boots have knee pads on them with some kind of ancient eye symbol on them, followed by what looks like snake scales.

...yeesh I need a better wardrobe. It just stinks of edge, doesn't it?

Next I put on gloves that reach up nearly to my elbows. Each finger on the glove has a little claw at the end.

Finally, I grab Lament that's still in its necklace form and wear it before joining some of the others.

???: "Hey! That looks nice!"

There's a red head talking to the Schnee girl. If I'm going to be here, I should probably learn their names. It's only fair.

Reed: "Thanks. Who're you two?"

Schnee: "You don't know who I am? I am Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company."

...

Probably should have interrupted her before she addressed her "title".

Reed: "And you?"

For some reason, the red head looks both surprised and happy that I asked for her name.

Pyrrha: "Oh? My name is Pyrrha Nikos. I'm...huh. Sorry, most people don't need to ask for my name anymore."

Reed: "What, you popular?"

Pyrrha: "Yeah. Everyone puts me on a pedestal for some reason. But...it's always nice and refreshing to hear from someone who doesn't look up to me as a God or who's afraid of me."

Afraid? Fear? She seems nice though?

Reed: "Why would they be scared?"

Weiss: "She's a celebrity to most of the world! A champion! A renowned fighter!"

And now Pyrrha looks uncomfortable.

Wow. She really hates the spotlight.

Reed: "Well. Don't worry. I've been a recluse for my whole life so far. Guess it gives me an unbiased view of you. I won't be putting you on a pedestal. But you being a popular fighter must mean you're good, really good. So I'll be waiting after initiation for that fight."

Weiss: "What?! You barbarian! You don't just ask for a fight like some Saiy-"

Pyrrha: "Hah! Deal!"

We both shake hands and go our separate ways. Pyrrha seems...nice. Which is a very different change of pace and tone from what I'm used to.

Is this an omen?

.

.

.

I make my way to the start of initiation and start scouting the others. I unfortunately see my sisters but that's kind of just what's bound to happen when you go to the same school.

Yang has her signature gauntlets. I know those things. I know how hard they can hit...

Blake has that sword...scythe...thing.