16 | debutant

"IM COMING OUT!" indie stewart walks into the kitchen with the whole family in it.

"uh congratulations." nick looks around as everyone was confused.

"no! i wish it was that." indie puts her hands on her face.

"i was at grammys house and she straight up manipulated into coming out and being presented to society." she huffed grabbing a dr pepper from the fridge and turning back to them.

every single person in that room had bursted out into laughter.

"it's not funny!" she slams her foot on the floor but that doesn't stop them.

"oh my god!" indie grabs her hair.

"a coming out party is literally telling people, hi i'm indie i'm of good breeding and looking for a man please come have sex with me so i can bring you a child." everyone stops giggling.

"honey the debutante ball isn't too bad." mary lou informs her.

"don't lie mom she's gonna look like a child bride." justin cackles.

"justin!" jimmy scolds.

"oh don't yell he's right." the girl sighs.

"but grammy, she was so happy and i-i panicked so i said sure!" indie throws her hands in the air.

"i thought a debutante ball was like the one from the summer i turned pretty." she stated loudly sitting harshly.

"but i searched it up on the car ride home! i have to wear all white, no running, dancing and oh my god i'm joining a cult." her hands slam onto her forehead.

"it's at the four seasons too." mary lou says in a tone.

"i am loving this." matt laughs taking a bite of his cookie.

"your not gonna love it so much grammy said you have to be my escort." indie tells him with a sly grin.

"what?!" he screams.

"no! what?! why not chris or nick or justin?!" he jumps from his seat in utter disbelief.

"nicks gay, chris is clumsy, and justin's too old." the redhead counts on her fingers.

"wha- mom, i am not doing that." he looks to the lady.

"hey if she has to go through it, than so do you." mary lou lays back in her seat.

"yeah come on matt." chris pinched his thigh.

"ew! no way am i walking down those stairs with a redhead." he grossly stated.

"good thing your not walking me down zio is, i just have to dance with you." she narrows her eyes at him.

"i have to dance?!" the boy widens his eyes, the family didn't even know they could go that wide.

"yes you dumbass." nick giggles.

"oh god." he sits back down in his seat as the room went quiet.

"i'm gonna wear those suits with the tail arent i?" matt looks up gulping.

and before they knew it, two weeks past and indigo stewart had entered the backstage area where all girls were in white dresses with makeup being powdered on their faces.

indie sat next to a girl who was getting her hair done and contemplating on which blush she should wear.

"im indie." the girl puts her hand out.

"stephanie." the other girl smiles.

"which one is nicer?" stephanie asks her.

"oh i think the pink matches your face more." indie points to the dior blush with a smirk.