34

E L L A

I love King.

I do, but I'm not going to play step-mommy.

It hurts knowing the man you love is having a baby with a woman he loved at some point, but at least Liam is supportive.

Surprisingly.

Liam told me who the woman was and where he thinks King stands with her. That played a big part in my choice to cut King out of my life.

It hurts because I don't have anyone now.

I'm not going back to my parents and I'm not talking to my brother.

I would leave, but something is holding me back. Something that keeps me connected to King.

Love.

But he threw that out of the window when he decided to let her live with him until he got her an apartment for the baby. Tears stream down my face just thinking about what he said.

'Ella I know how you feel, but she's the mother of my child, I can't let her on the streets

I need to get my mind off of everything so I decided to come to the gym I used to work at, the gym I met King at.

"Everything is going to be okay Ella," Liam says while I sniffle up and wipe the tears from my eyes.

No, it's not.

"What time do you want me to come to pick you up," he asks putting the car in park and placing a hand on my shoulder, "and don't tell me you're going to text or call me."

I don't have a phone to do that anyway.

I look over at him with a weak smile, "at 4."

My eyes feel so dry and low. Liam asked me if I hit high, I can't smoke, but I can't tell him that because he'll have list of questions.

I can't smoke because King is the man that gives it to me for free, and I'm not allowed to tell Liam that. But my eyes hurt. My heart hurts.

Everything hurts?...

"Go rose," Liam says laughing and I turn my head looking at him in disgust, "too soon," his laugh and smile fade as he asks.

I know he meant good.

"Bye Liam," I say while rolling my eyes and getting out of the car.

I grab my workout bag off of the seat before closing the door, and as I walk to the door of the gym I turn around to see Liam pulling out and driving off.

I pull on the door of the gym and it's locked, "fuck," I turn around and press my back against the cold glass of the door. Unwanted tears go down my face and I let them, but because I have nowhere to go right now King crosses my mind. Again.

The other door opens and a man walks out. A man that looks oddly familiar.

That girl's husband. Dean?

I quickly straighten back up, getting off of the glass. Not forgetting to wipe my tears, "Ella right," he asks like he was expecting me to be here.

I nod my head as a response and he says, "I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm Dean and I would like to take you to lunch to discuss some things about my friend, King," he says while locking the gym.

I have so many questions.

"How do I know I can trust you," I ask holding my bag close to my chest like it's going to protect me.

He turns his body towards me and places his hands in his pockets, which makes me even more alert, "you don't know, but what you do know is King and I are friends. And you're the only person that can save his life."

King is the leader of a mafia he can save his own life or ask his baby momma to save it.

I think he senses how uncomfortable I am because he says, "it's clear you don't want to go," he laughs awkwardly before continuing, "so I'll just tell you here."

I nod my head to tell him to keep going and he does, "King saved my wife and daughter's life a while back and I told him he could hit me up when he needed a favor."

He doesn't continue so I ask, "I'm happy your family is okay but, what does that have to do with King's life?"

I remember him and his wife at the party and I also remember one of them saying 'don't forget the plan' ,is this what they were referring to? What if King is tricking me because he thinks I'm on my father's side?

What if he secretly hates my guts?

Or what if I'm overthinking? Ugh!

"Nothing, sorry I just wanted to give you a back story," I look around as he speaks and I look around like someone is watching me and he says, "nothing is going to happen to you, King is like a little brother to me. Our parents grew up together."

I look at him with pressed lips and narrowed eyebrows. 'Okay get to the point.' That is what I wanted to say, but he continues speaking, "but due to my dad being a weirdo I had to murder him."

He murdered his father and expects me to be safe with him? Wow.

But he does talk a lot.

"Always all of that doesn't matter. What I want to tell you is, King isn't safe with that woman in his house," he informs.

Why couldn't he tell him this? Why me? King thinks she's pregnant with his child.

Finally getting a word in I ask, "why are you telling me this and not King?"

Before he gets the chance to answer I ask another question, "and how did you know I was coming here, only Liam knew."

Questions start flooding out of me because I'm highly suspicious of this interaction, "you and King said y'all have a plan on something, does that have something to do with me."

"Both you and King are fucked up people," I holler out of nowhere, knowing I didn't mean it. I don't know what's wrong with me.

"Watch who you're talking to," he demands looking at me with the same cold eyes as King, just different colors.

I raise my eyebrows and stand up tall, asking, "or what?"

"Or I'll get my wife to murder you," he threatens.

"Fuck your wife," I laugh before continuing, "I'm not scared of her or you; because I'll get King to murder you."

I could tell he was fighting the urge not to hurt me, but I would be happy if he took me from this painful ass life I was given.

"King will be killed tonight if you don't make it there, thanks to your father, so take this gun," he takes the tucked gun out of his pants and hands it to me, "Liam should be here in a few to drop you off," I take the gun out of his hand.

Well, that explains it. Liam told him.

"And count your fucking days," he says with aggression before walking off.

S O C I A L SInstagram : @pultoewritesPinterest: @pultoeeTiktok: @pultoe

S O C I A L S
Instagram : @pultoewrites
Pinterest: @pultoee
Tiktok: @pultoe