Seventy-Four

Mature Chapter.

[|]

Jackie's POV

"Babe, I have to check up on something. I won't be able to follow you to tour."

The moment Lucas had said those words, I felt a dull ache in my chest. I had wanted us to tour around town together after having fun on the beach and suddenly he had something to do. It was so disappointing because I had wanted to experience what it felt like to tour a beautiful place with your boyfriend. I've seen it on social media and in movies but now, it isn't going to come to pass. Not that we won't have two more days here but I didn't expect this disappointment.

"Hey, don't be sad," he said and held my face between his large hands.

I frowned at him and looked aside with my arms crossed. When he chuckled, I glared at him with narrowed eyes.

"You look so cute when you're angry. Anyway, it's something important and I can't ignore it. You'll go with the tour guide, okay?" He leaned down and kissed my cheek. "Please, baby? Smile for me?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes when he kissed my cheek again, then kissed my nose, my forehead, and my temple. My lips started to twitch for a smile when he nuzzled his straight nose against my cheek.

"Please?"

"Fine," I said and pushed him away softly.

Lucas beamed and clapped once, happiness all over his body.

"Don't worry, I'm making it up to you," Lucas said and looked past me. "Please, take care of her for me?"

I faced the young woman who was our guide. She nodded her head with a kind smile and motioned for me to step forward. I glared at Lucas one more time before walking ahead of the woman who chuckled behind me.

"Your boyfriend, right?" She asked as she walked by my side.

"Yes," I said and looked at her. She looked to be around my age, with long braids framing her small face. Her lips were stretched into a smile with a peek of her straight teeth showing.

"I'm Annabelle. What's your name?" She asked and made eye contact with me.

"I'm Jackie."

Annabelle beamed. "Nice name. Now, come on. We have a lot to see and enjoy. I can't wait for you to try our street foods. You'll love them."

I felt excited because she seemed like a fun person so I knew my tour would be nice and enjoyable.

"I can't wait," I responded, giggling.

[|]

Our car came to a stop at the entrance to the pathway that led back to the house. I unfastened my seatbelt and looked at Annabelle who was going through some of the pictures we had taken together during our tour.

"Today was fun. Thank you so much, Anna," I said and she looked at me.

"I should be thanking you. You've been my best tour so far. I hope that you're still interested in touring the town. There's a lot we didn't see today," Annabelle said and I nodded and looked out the window.