chapter 46

everything ran threw me like a shooting pain.

like you know those growing pains you would get when you were younger, the sharp suddnely feeling in your foot or side.

but imagine it all over, your whole body....

a pain so strong you fall to the floor.

the white light was over as fast as it started,

laying flat down on my back, my head tilted up to the ceeling. my whole body just frozen.

"Oh, my God." i hear clary gasp looking around the room.

simon who had dropped to the floor also, made her fall with him. the pair of them justv infront of me.

"Simon, you're okay." she questions confused, as they both stand up.

"gracie?!" she sudden;y gasp looking on the floor near me, her eyes widening.

"clary i cant breath" i mutter a single tear rolling down the side of my face.

"no" she mutters falling onto the floor next to me.

her hand wraps around mine quickly as she looks at me.

the sound of feet rushing towards us makes her look up with tearfilled eyes as jace crocthes down.

 a shallow gasp leaves my mouth, as i try to take in some bretah, but m barely able to.

"this is all my fault" jace speaks looking down at me before he looks around the room.

a single cut runs down his cheek, from where he must have landed harshly. my eyes flash as he sits sdown on the floor.

a frown appearing on his face.

my fangs drop as he looks at clary confused.

"blood" simon speaks looking between them." shes hungry....starving..."simon speaks looking down at me seeing the way my skin slowly begins to fade to white and i struggle to breath even more.

jace quickly rolls up his sleave making clary put her hand on his arm.

everyone watches as she rolls her sleave up.

grabbing a near by sword she slices her wirst slowly before brining her wrist owards my mouth.

 my eyes glow the bright yellow colour before her blood drips into my mouth making me instantly sink my teeth into her skin

feeling the way the warm , red liquid fills into my mouth making me take large gulps off it.

" gracie"clary mutters brushing some hair from my face as i suck harsher onto the cut, forcing more blood from her veins

"gracie!"  jace speaks suddnelt seeing how weak clary is looking." stop!" jace shouts pulling clarys wrist away harshly making me hiss looking at him.

 clary, instantly wraos her wrist with her otherhand.

simon pulling her up to lean agisnt him

 shuffiling backwards slightly, her blood dripping down my chin. my fangs tinted with the red liquid of myt win sister. flashing yellow deep eyes i stare at them.

"im so sorry" jace speaks looking at me sadly, before he stands up and goes to step towards e.

"please jace. just stay away from me" i whisper, my voice breaking as i push my knees to my chest, tears rolling down my cheesk from my yellow eyes as my fangs slowly fade.

he sadly stares at me before nodding looking around the room, as clary and simon glance at me before they also look around the room.

"How are you two alive?" clary questions looking between simon and me." Every other downworlder in here, they... they're all dead."clary mutters looking arounf still holding her wrist.

 "I don't know."simon replies back also confused.

"I just pray the adamas in the walls contained the blast." clary speaks looking around at all of the dead bodies lating on the floor.

"Where's Valentine?"simon questions looking around the room confused making me look up slightly looking at the room

"He's gone."jace mutters staring at the place where valentine and the sword used to be."I don't understand. How did I activate the sword?"jace questions confused.

" Only someone with pure angel blood could have done it."clary says pulling her sleave down over her cut that is slowly heeling due to her healing rune.

" You don't have demon blood, Jace."i speak making him frown looking at me.

suddenly a pair of footsteps comes rushing into the room making us all turn and look towards the door seeing alec rush into the room.

"No." alec gasps looking at the bodies that lay on the floor.

my breath gets caught in my throat looking at him. 

thank god hes safe.

he cant see me,....not like this....

hes gonna leave me...him and magnus....when they find out it cant be undone at all....

leaning my head lower, i tug the hood on my jumper over my head.

"You did this. - You activated the sword?"alecs hasrh voice comes out, i can hear the fear in his voice as he looks towards clary.

" No. I did it." jace speaks stepping towards him as alec looks around the room with wide eyes.

" I thought I was destroying it, Alec, but-"

"Where's Magnus and gracie?" alec questions quickly looking between everyone with wide eyes.

"im here alec" i whisper. everyone turns to look at me. pushing myself to stand up. my hood covering my eyes that flash.

 duly noted, my emostions effect this like hell.

"thank god your okay" alec gasps ignoring everyone going to rush towards me, but i instabtly step back holding my hands up.

"no, no no, no alec stay back" i say quickly, my voice hasrh making him frown confused looking at me as i stand with my head down.

"whats going on?" alec questions looking at me confused making me take a deep breath.

slowly leaning my head up, my hood falls from my face. my hair laning infront of my face. slowly reveiling my eeyes to alec.

he frowns for a moment before he realises.

"im sorry." i say shaking my head as my fags suddnely drop as the teard roll down my face.

" this cant be happening" alec speaks looking at me with wide eyes.

"alec-" i go to say looking at him as i notice the tears in his eyes but he turns his back to me and looks towards the others.

"He wasn't here, was he?" alec questions looking towards jace, as he wipes his eyes.

"I... I don't know."jace speaks looking sadly between me and alec as i sowly slide down against the wall.

" We portaled in upstairs. We split up."clary explains looking at alec with a sad expression.

" Oh, God. "alec mutters running a hand down his face before looking over at me.

he suddenly looks around the room before rushing off making my eyes widen.

" alec wait!" i scream standing up, he ignoresme and continues to rush out of the room.

i run past clary making her grab my arm.

"gracie" she says sadly looking at me making me shake my head.

" i love them clary" i say seriously before i shove her hand off mine and run after alec.