Chapter Twenty Eight | 'Calm before the storm'

A R E S | N I C O L A I D E S

MATURE 🔞 

SONG: Gangsta by Kehlani

The glass of vodka is sitting in front of me, I am too tempted to take a small drink of it. But I know that if I do, Diávolos would come out and try to kill Lucas within seconds. Even though he fucking deserves it, I want to watch him bleed. I want his blood dripping down my hands, I want him begging for my mercy after what he has done.

He ruined Alexandra.

He is lucky she's fallen for me again.

I would have killed everyone he loves; I would have made him watch them die in front of him the same way I watched her die. Why the fuck am i speaking like this? I grab onto my head, why the fuck am I speaking like Diávolos.

I do not want Alexandra to see Diávolos because I loathe that side of myself. The murderer in me. I used to despise it when she told me she was in love with him. It enraged me. Angered me. I grab the glass of vodka and throw it into the sink, I wanted her to love Ares, to like the good side of me.

But it appears that she adores both of us. I did this to myself, I used to watch her as Diávolos, protect her as Diávolos. But, when she mentioned her obsession with Diávolos, it gave me hope. It gave me hope that she was trying to remember me, at least that's what I believe.

I glance at my brothers dead asleep on the floor, since they think the couch has some sort of AID on it. Pricks. The pair of them. I have spare rooms, if i was a good person, I'd take the both of them upstairs but I'm not.

I open my bedroom door, and see Alexandra fallen asleep on the bed. She was full naked, the shirt I'd given her earlier is now on the floor. The covers resting above her abdomen, I settle on the edge of the bed, grazing her hair as she snores. I grab my phone from the back of my jean pocket and scroll down, I tap onto his number and press it against my ears.

I feel her hands interlocking with my free one, she rests it under her head.

"Diávolos, the man of the hour, what can i do for you?"

"I need to know everything about Lucas Everdeen," I whisper.

"He's back?"

"Not for much longer, I want to know about everyone he loves, everyone that has a meaning to him. I want them all by tomorrow." I end the phone and chuck it to the side.

"Ares..." I hear her mumble; she tightens her grip around my hands and slowly opens her eyes. I graze her face as she slowly sits up, bringing the covers against her breast as if I hadn't just fucked her a while ago. "It's five in the morning, why are you awake?"

"Epeidí yposchéthika na se prostatépso,"

"I'm not Greek Ares," she chuckles tiredly.

"I'm not going to be here tomorrow, Angelos, I have work...but Atlas is going to stay with you." She wipes her eyes and releases a small yawn. Nodding her head, she falls asleep on my chest now, even though the pillow is behind her. Her fingers graze the tattoo on my shoulder, before reaching my jaw.

"I love you..."

"I know..." Which side of me do you love?

Her eyes open, and her brown hues link with mine.

She's fucking beautiful.

And fucking submissive.

"Butterflies?" She whispers.