51.

In front of her was someone she hasn't seen in a very long time. Someone who she honestly didn't think she'd ever see again...

"Alfie?"

The bearded man, looked surprised for a second before covering it up, bending down slightly, squinting at her
"Holy hell! Is that you Bell?!"

Feeling a smile break through, adjusting Charlie on her hip
"It is. Now why the fuck are you here?"

Standing back up straight, he waved his hand around "what am I doin' here? I thought I was to meet with a gypsy, not the ghost of Christmas past!"

Ignoring his comment "you're here to meet with Tommy...-" she confirmed, then turned her head "- Mary come here please"

Putting her attention back on Alfie "I'll bring you to his office, we need to talk before he comes."

"Fuck yes we do"

Just then Mary entered the foyer, Bella gave her a small smile, handing Charlie over to her "can you please take Charlie to play up stairs, then go get Tommy and tel-"

"Tell him that the wandering jew is here" Alfie interrupted, Causing her to roll her eyes, some things never change.

Mary looked between the two, then nodded, turning away with the toddler.

Turning back to the wandering Jew Bella gestured for him to follow her

Holding the door open to enter Tommy's office. He walked in, looking around and eventually stopped by the big window, suddenly looking very serious.
"So you gonna to tell me how you ended up with the gypsies, and not underground?"

Bella folded her arms over her chest and walked over to him, leaning against the window next to him

"Obviously I'm not dead, Alfie"

Raising his brows in fake surprise "Not completely convinced of that now, love."

Bella knew Alfie from her time in London with the Rossi's. The family was close with Sabini, who did good work with Alfie in Camden Town. As a result, Bella saw much of the rough man at meetings.
She always liked him, thought he was funny. Soon him and Vinny became good friends. The couple would go for drinks with Alfie often, spending a lot of leisure time together.

But since Vinny's demise, she hasn't seen or heard from him. She didn't want to put him in any extra danger. While He amused she was dead as well...

"Listen...I know you know what happened with the Changretta's-"

"Yeah, I do. Thought you and Vin were dead" he said, almost upset that he wasn't informed one of his good mates was still alive

Clearing her throat, she nodded "he is. He made them believe that I was too, to protect me. He snuck me away, and I've been in Birmingham ever since."

Alfie wiped his hand on his chin, nodding, trying comprehend everything he is being told.
"That boy yours?"

Furrowing her brows, it took a second to understand that he was referring to Charlie "no, he's not. He's Tommy's. To put it simply after I ended up in Small Heath, Tommy found me sleeping in his stables, I had no place to go, he ended up taking me in to help with the business. Got me off the streets."

"You could've stayed with me, I would've protected you." He informed her, Vin was his best mate, he enjoyed Bella's company always offered a kind heart, he would've protected her with his life.