[R] perilla leaf debate - sequel

Author's Note:

This chapter is marked with [R] as it is a requested scenario. Personally, I haven't thought of writing a sequel about the 'perilla leaf debate' until I received a request about it. The requester gave me a plot that I can go by with, so I hope that you would like this!

_____

Although Haewon stomped at your foot, she clarified that she just did it playfully. You kind of agree with it. She didn't do it hard actually, so she knew that she was just fooling around. You just did likewise by acting in pain.

The look that Haewon gave to you was a look of disbelief on you grimacing over that stomp. Neither of you thought much about that demonstration that you did with Sullyoon. 

Well, it was until the 'unnie line' vlog was uploaded. 

Your fans found you and Sullyoon really cute and started shipping the two of you hard. As a matter of fact, it wasn't just your fans — but also the rest of the members of NMIXX except for Haewon took notice of your chemistry with Sullyoon, and they were teasing the two of you to each other in every single chance that they got. 

On the other hand, the company saw this as an opportunity to keep NMIXX relevant while the group got into the phase of a rest or some type of a hiatus prior to making the first comeback.

So, with all the attention that you and Sullyoon were receiving across various fandoms, the company came up with the decision of making the two of you share a room in the dormitory and filming a lot of videos of you and Sullyoon together which were set to be released during your break.

It doesn't end there.

In an upcoming Korean music convention that NMIXX happened to be part of the lineup, you and Sullyoon were assigned to perform a cover of 'Never Be The Same' by Camila Cabello in one of the locations where this specific convention would be taking place.

With all these going on, it is inevitable for you to spend most of your time with Sullyoon over the past few days and weeks. Subsequently, both of you grew more comfortable with each other. 

Consequently, you grew much closer to each other — this caused the girls to tease the two of you with each other even more. 

You and Sullyoon used to retaliate before, but now; both of you just learned to go along. 

Despite being not the possessive type, your girlfriend was becoming jealous of you and Sullyoon. 

As time went by, Haewon became uncomfortable with the members shipping you and Sullyoon. It is because they would often make remarks about how cute of a couple you and Sullyoon would make. 

She was getting uneasy with the idea that the members kept seeing you, her girlfriend, fitting for someone else. 

Your lack of disaffirmation with all their teasing fueled her jealousy and uneasiness even more. It seemed to her that you were starting to get comfortable with the thought of being in a relationship with Sullyoon, and she hated it.

As with the fans, she knew that it wouldn't be stopped anytime soon. It is also best for them not to figure out about you and she still. 

However, Haewon was now wanting you to confront your fellow members and mutual friends about your relationship with her, then for them to recognize how perfect of a pair the two of you already are and to stop rooting for you and Sullyoon.

_____

It was nearly midnight when you and Sullyoon arrived home from practicing 'Never Be The Same' — both of you were being cautious, thinking that all of the members had drifted into sleep already. 

You carefully took your shoes off and put them on the rack. Then, you proceeded to assist Sullyoon as it seemed that she was having a hard time to keep her balance while she was kicking her shoes off.

"Thank you, Y/N..." She groggily mumbled, flashing a tired smile.

You returned a smile before responding.

"You're welcome." You paused and took your time to observe the younger. You were still holding onto her. 

Sullyoon still hasn't finished the drink that you bought on your way home.

"You wouldn't mind me holding onto you until we reach the couch for you to finish your drink, would you?" 

"Not at all." 

With that, you walked side by side with Sullyoon and steered her towards the couch in the living room. The latter sighed contentedly and leaned her back against the backrest before she continued to sip her drink through the straw. 

You made sure that Sullyoon had completely settled down before you started to move away from her. But then, you haven't kept a safe distance away from Sullyoon yet when you heard footsteps quickly approaching. 

Soon, a voice as cold as ice resonated across the room.

"What is the meaning of this, Y/N?" 

You momentarily froze because of it. Then, you speedily turned to face the direction where the sound came from. There, you found your girlfriend with her narrowed eyes and her arms folded across her chest. 

"It is not what you think, Haewon-"

"Be honest with me, Y/N. Have you fallen out of love with me?" Haewon bit onto her lower lip anxiously before continuing. Sullyoon's eyes widened from hearing this.

"Have you been catching feelings for Yoona? Recently, you no longer try to refute the members' comments and remarks about you and her. It appears to me that you were all good with it."

You can see how her eyes were becoming watery and her lips were quivering as those words came out from her mouth. It broke your heart.

"Now, I found you nearly kissing her. You could've told me that you were not interested in me anymore before doing whatever you please with her." 

You parted your lips, ready to clarify things up.

"Hold on, unnie!" Sullyoon interrupted, raising her hand. 

"So, you two are dating?"

"Well, we used to." 

Your eyes widened upon hearing that from Haewon. 

"What do you mean that we used to? No, no, we are dating."

"I kind of figured that one out." Sullyoon uttered with a smirk. 

"I am just waiting for you to admit it yourself. You might have not noticed but the two of you were being obvious when we were filming the 'unnie line' vlog. I don't even know how our fans miss the way that the two of you got flustered when Lily-unnie said that the two of you would be the couple. I don't know how the fans could overlook the undeniable tension between the two of you, especially when Y/N proceeded to assist me in holding the perilla leaves down and when Haewon-unnie responded to Lily-unnie about her insight." She elaborated, leaving you and Haewon speechless.

"Haewon-unnie, please don't break up with Y/N. Everything between me and Y/N is purely platonic. Your girl is loyal to you. If you failed to catch on to it, she kept glancing worriedly at you whenever the members would tease us to each other. We just both grew tired of defending ourselves, since it is no use until one of you gets to confront them about the truth. That is the only thing that would surely make them stop pushing us towards each other." 

Then, Sullyoon got up from the couch and made her way between the two of you.

"I will be sleeping with Kyujin and Yunjin for the meantime. The two of you better make up..." She paused and eyed the two of you suggestively. You can feel your cheeks heat up. Then, you glanced at your girlfriend and found her cheeks turning crimson red. 

 "and come up with a plan on how to tell the rest of the members about your relationship."