Chapter 13

We spend the next four hours shopping, and it was a blast. I got to know Valeria more, along with the two boys -- Carlos and Christopher. I notice that Chris and Catalina were getting along really well -- flirting a little bit. I made a mental note of that later, making sure that I talk to her about it. As for Valeria, I learned that her and Carlos are dating and have been for about a year and a half. She's 24 years old, despite how young she looks. Carlos is 25 years old, only a year older then her (it's actually 10 months, but basically a year). Although Mateo didn't talk much, he did chime into conversations here and there. He seems to just be a reserved person, which is fine because I'm sure I did enough talking for the both of us.

Throughout the shopping, Mateo was right -- anything I want, I get. All I had to do is touch something or express interest in wanting it, and I got. I ended up walking out with way more then just room decorations; and Mateo didn't even so much as flinch when any items was rung up. Once we finished shopping, we decided to go back home -- all of us tired from the day.

Within ten minutes of being in the car, Catalina and Valeria were both passed out. Carlos was in the car in front of us and Christopher was in the car behind us. Once Mateo looked in his rear view mirror and noticed the girls were asleep, he turned down the music and grabbed my hand, placing a small kiss on it.

"Did you have fun today?" He said, keeping his eyes on the road. I looked at him and smiled, noticing how different he was with me versus everyone else.

"I did; the most fun I had in awhile. Although I'm sure your bank account isn't too happy," I say, laughing quietly as I look out my window for a minute. We're driving on the outskirts of the city, and I realize, once again, how pretty the city is. I'm so happy to call it my home -- something most people dream about.

"Eh, it wasn't that much. Plus you wanted the stuff; and whatever makes you happy is what you get," He says, letting go of my hand for a second to turn the wheel, before grabbing it again. I blush at his statement. He really did just give me everything I wanted and I could ever imagine. This past week has been nothing but insanity -- and I still haven't even processed what happened.

"That's sweet of you to say, but I still feel bad," I say, fiddling with my pants string. Mateo just grunts, rolling his eyes slightly, which causes me to let out a laugh. He then looks at me and smiles softly, before looking back to the road.

"Toni, don't worry. I enjoy spoiling you and seeing you happy," he says, not looking at me. I lean over and give him a small kiss on the cheek, then smiling as I lean my head against the window. I silently thank the universe for this moment, right here. I'm truly happy. Content, blessed, and happy. Once I do that, I drift off to sleep.

----------

The next few days were quiet calm. On Saturday, when we go home from shopping, Carlos and Christopher brought our stuff to our rooms, and then we all gathered for dinner. Mateo tells Catalina and I that they always have dinner together every night. He said it's a tradition that his father started when he was the head of the Mafia. I thought it was a cute idea. The dinner was nice, it was a good way to get to know everyone. They are all so welcoming -- I already feel like family here.

Sunday was a regular day for me. I decided that despite not living at my apartment, I'm still going to follow my routine. In the morning, I cleaned my room and bathroom. Then I started to pick out some clothes for my work week, making sure to iron them. Afterwards, I went to the gym and worked out. I have a gym membership to LA Fitness, which is where I usually go -- but I used the house gym today. Once I finished, I ate some lunch with a few people, getting to know them further. Then I went to my room, ran a bath while I did a face mask and read. Once I did my selfcare night, I put on a pair of legging and a sweatshirt, watered the plants I got yesterday -- then went down to eat.

Monday morning rolled around and it was usual. Today Catalina and I got a ride to the office, but that was the only different thing. Once I got to work, I followed my normal schedule -- getting my latté, then working till lunch. At lunch, Catalina and I spoke about our new changes. We talked about the Mafia house and the lifestyle but used code words the entire time. Although we know that no one is probably listening to us, we decided to still do it just in case. After lunch, we went back to work, then got a ride with Mateo to the house.

Once we got to the house, I spoke to a couple people in the living room for a minute, before going upstairs to my room. On my way to my room, I ran into Valeria where she hugged me, telling me we needed to get lunch together one of these days. I nodded my head, telling her I'd text her later. Once I got to my room, I put my bag down, setting up my computer for the night so I can write my blog later. Then I ran a shower, stripping myself of my clothes.

I love taking a shower after work because it always relaxes me. It takes me out of "work mode" and into "home mode". This place has quickly become my home. Everyone treats me like family, and honestly I'm loving the big house. It's a complete upgrade from my small Brooklyn apartment. After my shower, I threw on a crop top and some leggings, brushing my hair and putting it into braids. While I finish the last braid, I hear a knock on my door.

"Hey Toni," Mateo says, as I open the door. I motion for him to come inside as I smile softly. When he gets inside, he looks me up and down and bites his lip.

"Hey there, what's up?" I say, walking over to my nightstand as I put on my glasses. I look at him and see that he's just standing -- completely lost in what I do. I motion for him to sit on the small loveseat I have in front of the window, but he shakes his head.

"Wow, you look beautiful," He says as I blush, quietly thanking him. After about a minute, he coughs and looks towards the ground.

"I came here to ask, to see really... if you wanted to go out to dinner tomorrow night? To better get to know each other," He says, shifting his weight as I look up at him and smile. It's kinda cute to see him nervous, all flustered. He always so confident and has his things together -- so this new side is different.

"Of course, I'd love to," I say with a cheeky smile as I get up from my bed and give him a hug. He's stunned for a moment then he slightly wraps his arms around me. After about a minute or so, he lets go, kissing the top of my head.

"Alright, be ready by 6," He says, as he walks out the room. Just as I sit on my bed, Catalina and Valeria come storming in.

"YOU HAVE A DATE AND WE NEED TO PREPARE!!!" They both say with excitement.

-

-

-

Author's Note:

Hey there! I hope you're enjoying this story.

Let's talk about the chapter: how do we feel about Mateo asking Antonella out on a date? Do you think it'll go well?

I will never be able to thank you guys enough for the continuous support. You all have a special place in my heart; I appreciate you!

xoxo,

Ashley