james

I felt warmth around my body, especially my face.

I slowly opened my eyes, the sun rising up. I looked around the room to see everyone sound asleep. Remus was back in his human form, a blanket on his body and a pillow beneath him. I looked to my left and noticed Scarlett on my shoulder, eyes closed, her wispy lashes looking prominent and her plump pink lips were dry.

I smiled down at her, breathing in and out, taking in the silence and the view. I was happy. I am happy.

Scarlett had done who knows what to Remus. It didn't matter if she wanted to tell us how exactly she did it. Remus was finally a calm wolf who was aware and not in distress.

Just because I didn't pester her about, it didn't mean that I wasn't curious. Scarlett was always wearing gloves and whether she wanted me to notice or not, she never touched anything with her bare hands. At first I thought it was sanitary thing, but after seeing the red glowing light flash from her hands the other night, I was sure it wasn't that.

"I can feel you staring" I heard her softly say, eyes still closed.

"That's because I am" I muttered, stroking her cheek.

She opened her eyes and looked up at me with doe eyes. She took her glove off with her teeth, running her hand through my hair, my breath hitching.

"You look cute in the morning" She whispered.

"I look cute always" I chuckled, our faces only inches apart.

"You can believe that but it doesn't mean it's true"

"You're mean in the mornings"

"Is that why you're heart is beating so fast? Because i'm being mean?" She asked, her tone was teasing. She had a small smile forming on her face. Scarlett was also right, my heart was beating fast and not because she was being mean.

I was silent, only stroking her cheek and looking at her. "You know why my heart is beating fast"

"I can only assume"

"And what do you assume?"

"Assuming makes an ass out of u and me"

"You always have a response for everything - very political of you"

"Can you even spell political?" Scarlett said, putting a hand on my chest. I tried to not think about it much, focusing on the conversation.

"Y-yeah, P-O-L-I-T-C-A-"

"You forgot I" she interrupted.

"It's like 6AM, Scarlett, Can you blame me?"

"I can" She chuckled, looking down, her head still on my chest and her warm on my chest.

"Do you want to get breakfast?" I asked, glancing at the boys. They could all sleep through an earthquake and wake up asking 'what happened?'.

"I don't want to bother the house-elves" I felt her chuckle.

"We wouldn't" I sighed, leaning my head back. "Instead we're going to bother actual people, at Hogsmaede"

"And how are we going to get there?"

"Do you know what's outside that door?" I asked.

"I thought it would take us back to the castle"

"That door does - but, that one" I pointed towards the door opposite of the one we entered. "leads us straight to Hogsmaede"

"Okay" She mumbled, sitting up straight and stretching. "You think they'll be okay?"

"Yeah, they'll be knocked for another hour or two" I said, standing up and checking my pockets to make sure I had money. "Ready?"