Chapter 16

Play the song when you see ** (if you want)

Mature content warning ⚠️😌

Play the song when you see ** (if you want)       Mature content warning ⚠️😌

"You ready Annie!?" Julie yells from downstairs

It's finally Friday which means game day and we're going to support Ares and Halston.

Things have been weird with Halston, and I mean weird.

He's been coming by my house every morning to take me to campus, he's beings my favorite drink from the little coffee shop I always go to, he writes me notes in class, and he's ignored every girl that comes up to him on campus, even when I'm not there, and I know because I've seen him when I'm walking around and happen to stop upon it.

We've come far these past few days that I even unblocked his number, which I still don't know how he got mine.

Text from Halston

Halston
Where are you guys?

Anastasia
On our way.

I put my phone in my back pocket and head downstairs "ready" I say heading towards the door

We lock up, get in the car, and head to our destination.

20 minutes later

Lio saw us and waved us to his spot it's close to the field so we'll have a good view.

"Do you think they're gonna win" Scar ask

"They aren't famous on campus for nothing" Lio says smiling "oh Annie, Halston said to meet him by the locker rooms after the game" he says making both girls give me a look

"Oh okay" I say thinking of what it could be

The baseball game starts and Lio quickly tells us that Ares is number 5 and Halston is 10

I look for him and when I spot him it's like he feels me staring because he looks up at me and gives me this smile that makes my insides melt I give him a little wave and he winks.

Trouble is what that boy is.

2 hours later

The game finishes and we win, Lio was right Ares and Halston aren't famous for nothing. They make the best duo out there while Halston pitches, Ares catches and it's incredible seeing the friendship they have being put in the game.

I tell my friends I'll be back and head to where the lockers are and when I find them I see a group of girls surrounding him, but he looks bored, that is until he sees me and tells them excuse me before running towards me.

"We won baby" he says hugging me

"You guys were great" I say loving the feeling of being in his arms

"Thank you" he says pulling away, keeping the same distance

He starts leaning in but I back away a step "so, um what did you- Lio said to meet you here" I say crossing my arms.