Chapter 8-Some more JayRoy at 2am

The two lays comfortably on Jason's bed, sleeping piece fully. Well Roy was sleeping peacefully. Jason on the other hand was not.

Jason was having a nightmare, what was this nightmare about? His whole family leaving him? Him hurting his brothers? His mother overdosing? Having to dig himself out of his own grave?

No, his nightmare wasn't about any of these things this time, though because of the whole grave incident he did become very claustrophobic. No, his nightmare tonight is about him dying.

Dying by the jokers hands. Getting violently beaten with a crow bar over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

The relentlessness of the joker was brutal, he just kept hitting him, he just kept swinging. His whole body hurt so much, everything hurts so much, his head, his arms, his legs, his waist, his chest, everything, everything hurts.

And the joker just keeps hitting him, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

He just keeps going.

Until he stops, and says something to Jason though his ears are ringing so loudly and they're filled with so much blood he can't hear a thing.

"Ja...."

Jason looks up and sees a bomb, this is it, he's going to die here. In this random wear house.

Alone.

All alone.

No Batman, no Nightwing, no one.

Just him, by himself, bleeding profusely, next to the weapon that beat him so brutally.

"Ja..on.."

It's just him, no one else, maybe he was always meant to be a lone wolf. No one cared for him, he was just a pawn in another person's game of chess.

As he watches the counter count down to 5 he closes his eyes, this is the end, there's nothing he can do to stop it. This really is the end for him.

The timer hits zero.

"JASON!!"

Jason shoots up out of bed and gasps, looking around quickly.

He's not in the wear house anymore, where is he?

Wait a minute, this is his room, in Bruce Wayne's manor, the guy who adopted him's house. He's home, he's at home. Not with his murder, he's at home.

Jason takes a few deep breaths and looks at his bed, he sees Roy who's staring at him with worry. "Jason..?"

"Yeah?" Jason responds casually as he lays back down on the bed.

"..you're crying." Roy says softly and Jason feels his face.

He feels the leftover water that's on his face. He really was crying. Or is. Is he still crying? He's not too sure himself but he wipes his face in his hoodie sleeve and chuckles. "I'm fine Roy, nothing to worry about,"

"Jason." Roy puts his hand on top of Jason's softly. "You're not okay. Which one was it this time?"

Jason sighs and leans against the wall. "I can't ever lie to you can I? ..it was the wear house one.." Jason mumbles softly and Roy nods, pulling him into a soft hug.

"It's okay, you're alive now and you have me and your brothers and Bruce." Roy says softly to Jason who snuggles into the crook of his neck.

"Thanks Roy, thanks for always being here for me."

Roy giggles and pats his head.'"anytime cutie pie,"

Jason blushes and quickly pulls away. "I take it back, I'm not thankful for you." He crosses his arms.

Roy laughs and lays Jason down, pushing him down gently, "yeah yeah, I hate you too. Now try and go back to sleep,"

Jason nods and pulls Roy close who blushes. "I sleep better with you,"

Roy kids and gets comfortable, both boys quickly and quietly going back into a peaceful sleep together.

Neither of them have any nightmares after that.