Chapter 8

Rosaline Gray POV

F***!

I feel like a sheep led to slaughter around this soulless venator. I must've hit my head for coming here to his den!

"....I didn't know I had dogs who'd break my orders and decide to do things their own way. " Kyng's voice comes out guttural and hostile.

The instinct inside me screams to run, to bolt away from here. But f***, I was completely locked.

He's just a few feets away from me. Even if I move an inch, like a predator he'll find my presence.

One sound and I'm dead.

I kept my palm clamped on my mouth, trying to ease my raspy breath.

" Shut up....How are you planning to take responsibility for this mess? " His voice resonated like that of a non mortal ghoul.

" Would it be better if I just kill you all for this imprudence? You bastards are no use to me anymore. "

God...He is pissed!

Nothing goes well when he's angry.

Kyng is an unfeeling psycho, if he's close to flaming that means something disastrous is bound to occur.

My heartbeat picks up, every oxygen molecule I take burning down through my throat.

" I don't know what the f*** you'll do, fix this mess. Do whatever it takes....Finish him."

A zap of terror thrashes against the centre of my chest. He's insane.

" No wait. Don't kill him instantly. Cut his arms, his legs, make him immobile then release the over starved hounds. "

" I want to see him scream like no other, in pain, in horror when the animals fight for his flesh, when they drag him and tear his flesh into pieces. Give him excruciatingly gruesome death."

A tear escapes from my eye as I fight to muffle my terrified yelp.

" And yeah, film him and send it to his so called boss. Let that coward know, he's provoking the wrong person. If my patience slips....I'll bath his entire family tree in blood with no trace or whatsoever."

This is the true form of Kyng Wolff. And he's always unapologetic about it.

His unsympathetic self again reminded me of horrific things he'd done to his enemies.

Kyng was never in for a quick kill. He gets off on his victim's struggle. Enjoy their slow suffocated suffering. Not to forget I myself was one his prey.

He's a sadistic monster.

Suddenly he stops talking and everything in me buzzes in alert. He had ended his call.

But everything went silent. An eerie kind of silence.

Silence is usually safe and supposed to calm someone down. But for me...this stillness is stirring a deep fear inside me.

Because it's Kyng f***ing Wolff. He being silent is deadly and ominous.

Kyng is a kind of predator who watches his prey from the sidelines, waits for the right moment to strike.

He didn't waver an inch and I didn't dare make a single sound.

A haunting silent voice of the sea shore wind kept whispering in my ear, like the last murmur of the dead.

I was going to die today.

My heart bellowed against my chest, I wanted to run but it's impossible to move a muscle.