0:24

"Hey you," he spoke softly into the phone, laying back on his bed, with his arm over his eyes. He was beyond exhausted but the princess had called, and he couldn't allow himself to miss her call.

"Hey yourself, so you weren't gonna tell me that you're now in Baltimore?" her voice sounded through his ear, her playful attitude making him chuckle.

"Disrespectfully, stop stalking my ass Lena. I know you're obsessed, but it's getting scary," a full blown smile was eminent on his face, as always when they spoke on the phone. She had always been his source of joy when she chose not to be a pain in the ass.

"Nigga it's not stalking. Just making sure my car is still in one piece," she cackled, and he shook his head at the teasing she was throwing his way, "On a serious note, did you travel safely? Do I need to tell mama that she's got some grandkids on the way? Tell me, spill all the tea?"

He rolled his eyes, "How are you gonna say on a serious note, then proceed to be ridiculous? Be serious," he released a throaty laugh, before he sighed.

"I traveled safely, your car is still in one piece," he paused, momentarily debating if he wanted to tell her about Shane driving the car for her moment, but shook his head, deciding not to.

"There's no babies, stop pushing ya' girl onto me. I don't like her like that," the corner of his mouth lifted, as he spoke each word as though he was reprimanding her.

"Oh oh, what happened?” she immediately asked, without skipping a beat. He rolled his eyes, tired of this weird telepathy thing they always had when it came to each other's emotions.

"We had this whole banter thing going on in the car, and I really wanted to make her feel uncomfortable. Guess I went a bit too far even though it brought me such satisfaction," he let out a breath of air, waiting for her to ask him the rhetorical question that he knew he had to answer.

"Ouu, banter. Okaaaaaayyyyy! One step closer to a baby you said. What did your dumb self say?" she snickered right into his and he couldn't help but to feel a wave of annoyance slowly become him.

"Told her I found her attractive," he simply stated.

"Ohhhhh," she dramatically exclaimed in pure shock with a hint of amusement.

"And asked her why she thought I kept her around or offered her this ride," he shamefully admitted, as he blew air into his closed mouth, and through his nose.

"Oh my Lawd," she gasped yet again, "I'm clutching my pearls, are these the end times?"

"Definitely the end times," he laughed into the phone, before sighing yet again, "I am just as shocked as anybody else, because this is still an office space. And that was very much unprofessional,"

"Well, I'm here for it. I've always thought office romances are only natural. All you gotta do is let HR know," Lena confessed, pausing before she continued, "What did she say?"

"What do you mean?" he questioned with a full on smirk, "the only way women react when I decide to pay them any mind,"

"Eww, so embarrassed that you're my brother. That conceited act had such an awful odour,"

“You know we only speak the truth over here Lena. She was quiet the rest of the ride, we literally just did a whole battle of the music. Nothing personal. Song for song type of vibe," he continued to share with her, because he knew after this he would not be repeating what occurred in that car to anyone else.

Yes Logan was his best mate, but Lena, she knew his entire heart. He couldn't allow himself to share anything about his emotions with anyone else besides Lena. Simply because emotions don't buy you bread.