7

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

BACK AGAIN<3

<7>
secrets of people, places, and things

      THE FAMILIAR CROWD OF students stood in different sections inside of Dumbledore's office. Questions, along with worried and concerned faces laid on each person who found themselves in the small room, trying to find the answers of what was happening and what the letter was entailing.

       Petunia wasn't expecting to be asked back, as she felt slightly useless this time around. Her visions, from what she thought, are finished currently — unneeded for Dumbledore's current aspirations. Though, as her name was also written on the letter, calling for her to come, she had no choice but to follow the other rounds of students who were written to.

      He hadn't arrived yet, despite the time being 20 minutes past the stated one. And as Petunia shifted weight onto her next foot, her back gracing the wall, she looked to the people around her — catching eyes with a familiar brunette.

      She smiled at him, almost as if she was trying to say hi without using any words. She hadn't been able to speak to Remus in the past few days, though, she found it almost necessary too now. Petunia knew more than he realized and although she didn't know how to expose herself to this knowledge, she knew she'd have to let him know.

he sent a nod back.

Sirius was next to him, his eyes focused elsewhere. Like Remus, Petunia hadn't gotten to speak to him a for a few days, as he had been busy with his brother or Remus. After their conversation on the train, after he had heard about her visions, Sirius seemed to forget the silent treatment that was shared between the two. And instead, they spent most of their hours together, almost as if everything was okay — that they wouldn't be separated once winter break hits.

He seemed happy.

Just not today.

     Because as Petunia watched him, her eyes almost squinting as she studied the boy — she could see tangled emotions crossing his face, his frown being the most prominent thing he held. He was fidgety, nervous, nothing like his usual personality.

     Remus was also interested in this fact, softly nudging the boy beside him as he noticed the slight shaking. Sirius ignored him. Or maybe he didn't even realize. Petunia almost thought he knew the meaning behind this unexpected meeting. How? She wouldn't know.

       Dumbledore was 40 minutes late when he had walked in. He was alone this time around, no sight of McGonagall or Moody following behind him.

it was eerily quiet.

      The students watched him closely, seeing each dragging step he took to his seat. He tried to smile, to hold any sign of hopefulness that he could. Petunia could tell it was fake, just like every other student in the room.

They knew more than her.

Petunia swore it.

Dumbledore cleared his throat.

     It was the only sound to be made in the past 20 minutes, as most remained silent. And at the noise, some jumped, forgetting they weren't alone in the room.

they waited for him to speak.

       "As most of you know, you have signed locations for the summer," His voice gravely echoed into the office, earning immediate nods from almost everyone in the room.

Petunia stood confused.

       "And as you also may know, we were unsuccessful with finding one of them," He glanced down to his hands, momentarily being quiet as the words sunk in. No one said a word. "Things have changed."

     Petunia only watched him as he spoke, not entirely realizing the situation. She had her theories, even from before she walked in. But still, she didn't know how this information surpassed her.

"We have found someone," He spoke shortly, no further details on the individual, "Someone who knows more than us," he barely continued.

Sirius stood frozen in his stance.

"They have offered their knowledge.." His voice ran through the silence, not waiting for a response. "Someone from the inside."

A spy?

Petunia, again, removed her eyes from Dumbledore, sending a small glance to Sirius — Seeing how badly he wanted to leave in that moment.

She frowned.

"They know the location of it, not telling me it for themselves," His voice was low, almost too quiet to hear, "And has surrendered themselves to get it — knowing the dangers of it."

"Alone?"

Petunia didn't mean to speak.

But she did.

      And Dumbledore didn't look annoyed, despite the fact of being interrupted. He instead looked at her, holding the same smile he had when he walked in. It wasn't comforting at all.

      "Not alone, no," He answered her honestly, avoiding the accusing glare Sirius was sending him. "They will be accompanied by.. something else."

that made no sense to her.

But the rest seemed to catch on.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER