C H A P T E R 7

ANGELA
•••••••••••••

"You're mother was- is a very caring person and has been from the first day I met her, despite the world she grew up in. You're a lot like your mother, Angela." My father says softly as he looks over at me.

I clear my throat, ignoring the painful tug in my chest."Go on."

He sighs before continuing his story. "After we got married, our mafia expanded greatly and we became stronger. With that we earned a lot of allies and enemies along the way."

"I'm guessing Nikolai became an enemy?" Angelo asked and my father shook his head.

"Believe it or not, Nikolai was one of my closest friends way before I became a Don." He revealed and my eyes widen in disbelief. I looked over at my brothers only to see the same expressions on their faces.

"How were you friends with him?"Mason asks in disgust and we all focus our attention on our father.

"I know it's hard to believe but Nikolai was good. He was a loyal friend and a trusted ally. At least that's how he appeared to be..." He sighs. "He had his own mafia and I had mine. He was friends with your mother aswell and never showed any kinds of hatred towards her. Well that was before one night..."

He shakes his head and looks down at the ground. "I should've done more." He says softly to himself before looking back at us. "One night we were celebrating your birthday, Angela. You had turned five years old and we had invited our closest friends - Nikolai included. A couple hours past before it was your bedtime.I kissed you goodnight and your mother took you to bed while I tucked in the boys."

"When the boys were asleep, I went back downstairs but I didn't see your mother or Nikolai anywhere. Usually your mother would let me know if she had gone to bed early but she didn't." He runs a hand down his face while his knee unconsciously starts to bounce up and down. "When I went back upstairs to go look for her, I heard low voices coming from one of the guest bedrooms near Angela's room. I clutched my gun and went into the room without any hesitation."

My heart starts beating a bit faster. Did my mother-

No. I shake my head, ridding my mind of any awful thoughts. My mother wouldn't do such a thing. But how would I know?

I bite the inside of my cheek as I focus on my father, ignoring my racing heart.

"When I entered the room, I found Nikolai pinning your mother against the closet door. Your mother was trying to get away from him but he had a strong grip on her arms, which instantly made me jump into action. I aimed my gun and shot him in his right arm and leg. Filled with rage - when he had fallen to ground - I had gone and beat the living shit out of him until he blacked out."

My father's hands ball into tight fists as if he's imagining of doing it again. " After that I took your mother back to our room and she told me what had happened. To say that I was mad that night is an understatement." He lets out a humorless laugh as he shakes his head.

"Turns out your mother and Nikolai had a relationship way before we met. She just never thought to mention that one of my closest friends and wife had been in a serious relationship before we met. They pretended to not know each other while in secret, whenever they were alone, he would profess his undying love to her and would promise to do anything to get her back. I was so upset that I went back to Nikolai and beat the living shit out of his unconscious body again."

My father gets up and walks over to the small table in the corner to pour himself a glass of water.

I sit there frozen in place, not knowing what to say. I look over at my brothers to see that they all have mixed expressions on their faces. A frown pulls at their brows as they stare at our father.