𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

_____________________

{ Freedom }

Chapter Seven: Wishing Well The Walking Dead Written By: Indigo_____________________

The Walking Dead
Written By: Indigo
_____________________

The funeral was short and sweet, the words spoken about Otis were sad. Mercy got to know more about the man through Elijah and Maggie. both spoke about how kind the man was, and how much of a help he was to the family. Mercy was no longer angry at the man for shooting her, and for shooting carl. She's just mad that she didn't get to know him better.

After the funeral, rick rounded everyone up around the truck,

"How long has this girl been lost?" Hershel asked. He was referring to Sophia.

"This'll be day three" Rick replied, as maggie walked over with a large map. Had it really only been three days? To Mercy, it felt as though it had been weeks.

"County Survey Map. shows terrain and elevations." Maggie said, rolling out the large map on the hood of a yellow truck. She placed smaller rocks on each of the corners to keep the map from curling in on itself.

"This is perfect, we can finally get this thing organized. we'll grid the whole area and start searching in teams." Rick said. Hershel turned to the man,

"Not, you, not today." Hershel starts, "or you" He adds, turning to Mercy. "You gave three units of blood, and you lost twice as much. Neither of you would be hiking five minutes in this heat before passing out." Hershel informed. "And your ankle" He continued, turning to Shane, "push it now, you'll be laid up a month, no good to anybody."

Mercy looked at the man in shock, though she knew this was coming. Her arm didn't hurt nearly as much as it did yesterday, it now just felt very sore, though when pressed on it felt like being shot all over again.

Mercy ghost her fingers over her upper arm, grimacing about the thought of Sophia out there, with no help, all because we were hurt.

"Guess it's just me," Daryl said, tilting his head to get a better view of the map. "I'm gonna head back to the creek, work my way from there." Mercy shook her head, tilting it toward the ground. She hated this.

"We can still be useful, we could go up to the highway, see if Sophia wandered back." Mercy said. Shane and Rick nodded, though Hershel and Glenn looked nervous still. "I can't just sit here while Sophia is out there. She needs help. I have to give as much as I can" Mercy spoke, looking up at the two suspicious men. They finally agreed.