Chapter 38 Counterattack

When Lu Qingzhu woke up, he was the only one in the ward.

Lying on the hospital bed and recalling everything last night, Lu Qingzhu finally raised his hand to cover his tearful pupils, and the cold tears dripped down the end of his eyes, smearing a few dark traces on the snow-white pillowcase. .

This embarrassed look was still seen by him...

Lu Qingzhu felt as if a hole had been dug in his heart, and the cold wind of the winter night passed through, and every inch of his flesh was stinging with dryness.

He didn't dare to think about the other person's thoughts when he saw the scars on his back, felt surprised or disgusted, each of which was a pain for him.

He didn't want to stay in the hospital for a moment, so he immediately stood up with the pain of the torn wound on his back, put on the half-wet clothes he took off last night and left the ward.

When he walked to the front desk of the hospital, the nurse in charge of the registration and reception told him that someone had already paid for him.

He didn't have to think to guess that it was Lin Jinyang who paid for his medical bills. To be honest, he really wanted to thank him in person, and wanted to ask how the other party was injured, but the current situation made him just want to choose to escape.

He didn't have the courage to face Lin Jinyang.

After completing the discharge procedures in silence, he staggered on his way home alone. Fortunately, he didn't have to go to class today on Saturday, otherwise he would definitely attract a lot of people's attention with his untold injuries.

When I returned to the old city, the sky that was still gray was completely bright.

It was still early morning, and the cool air was filled with the faint smell of last night's dew.

But the place more than ten meters away is his home where he has lived for ten years, but he is not in a hurry to go back, just standing quietly on a street corner not far away.

If he remembered correctly, someone should come to the door today.

Sure enough, a group of people walked downstairs not long after, and Lu Qingzhu recognized at a glance the man who was walking at the back.

is his stepfather.

He had met the person who took the lead several times, and he knew that everyone called him Brother Long, and he was the head of the nearby underworld.

Brother Long is notorious in the old city. I heard from the old people that he had a bad track record when he was young, and he did many things like forcibly charging protection fees, fighting and hurting people, and he spent many years in prison.

Many people thought that when he got out of prison, he would live a steady life, but no one thought that his choice was to intensify. It was not until recent years that the anti-criminal and evil efforts intensified, and then he restrained his temper and opened a few houses with a group of younger brothers. KTV and casinos specialize in picking out poor people who have no money and are addicted to gambling to lend usury.

Lu Qingzhu's eyes fell on the dirty and ugly face, and his heart felt a little tingling for no reason.

In his last life, Lin Jinyang almost became the same person as Brother Long. That filthy quagmire was like a drug addiction. Once he got into it, it was difficult to get out cleanly. Even if he wanted to get rid of it, the people around him would use colored glasses to see his present and future.