𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

THE ANNUAL
STEVE HARRINGTON
SHOWDOWN

THE ANNUAL STEVE HARRINGTON SHOWDOWN

☀︎

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, THE GROUP GATHERED IN THE WHEELER'S BASEMENT FOR THEIR NEXT SET OF PLANS. There was an uneasiness since the night before yet everyone pretended as if all was well despite the coldness that sat between Max and Alex. Hard at work, Nancy and Robin left the rest with Alex for her to share the information they found about the Creel House and the horrors that were left inside.

Sitting in the armchair, Alex watched as the boys read over the Weekly Watcher article on the demon that terrorized Victor Creel and his family. Her eyes traveled across the room, awaiting their shock and awe that she had felt when she, Robin, and Nancy came across this discovery.

The boys weren't so quick to feel that same enthusiasm as they read over the information. Sitting across from her on the sofa, Lucas' face scrunched up in confusion, peeking over his paper for a glance at Alex already watching him with anticipation. Looking to Dustin, he saw as he nodded along, every gear working overtime as he pieced together the puzzle of Vecna and his connection to the Creels. Afraid he was lost in the confusion, his eyes darted over to Steve. If there was anyone he could count on to be lost, it was him.

Steve paced around, scratching the top of his head as he grumbled and mumbled the information to himself once again. Smirking to himself, Lucas looked back to Alex with a relieved sigh. To be stuck as the only one confused would guarantee her disappointment in him, but Steve's not understanding meant that she'd be more upset in his lack of understanding even more. It was a win and in return, she smiled brightly at him, only thinking that he finally wrapped his head around the information given to him.

Nodding at her, he faked an enthusiastic chuckle as if this was mind-blowing and groundbreaking information. Satisfied with his thrill in the topic, Alex looked over to Steve and her smile faded. "What do you think?"

Lowering his paper, Steve was baffled by such a simple question. "Just be honest, do you understand any of this?"

Setting his paper down on his lap, Lucas prepared himself for the act of a lifetime. Scoffing, he pretended to share the same disappointment that Alex had in him. "What's not to get, Steve? Come on, man, did you even read?

"It's pretty straightforward," Dustin piped up in agreement. Steve stopped in his pacing as he looked at each of them in awe. "Oh, pretty straightforward, really?"

Seeing as Alex was willing to explain, Dustin held up a hand to her. "Mind if I?" He questioned, willing to tackle the difficult task of teaching Steve Harrington such a simple topic. Giving a nod, Alex sat back into her chair as Steve took it upon himself to sit on the arm of her chair as he focused on Dustin. "Well, what's confusing you, Steve? So far, everyone Vecna has cursed has died, except for this old Victor Creel dude Nancy found. He's the only known survivor. If anyone knows how to beat this curse, it's him."