VII

*3rd Person Pov

"Chocolate!" A young boy and his brother came running up to their mother. They tried getting a taste of the chocolate but their mother stopped them.

"Hey! What did I say?" Wanda playfully asked.

"But we can't wait!" One of Wanda's sons, Billy, whined.

"But what did I say?" Wanda asked again. Before she knew it, the two had stuck their fingers in the chocolate mix and stuck their fingers in their mouths. They soaked up the sweetness of the chocolate for a couple of seconds. 

Wanda's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. She laughed and pushed the two away.

"Go wash your hands," Wanda instructed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Billy and Tommy walked briskly to their room, Wanda not far behind. The two got into their beds and Wanda went over to Tommy. She went to tuck her son in but he stopped her before she could.

"Come on mom, I'm too old for that," Tommy smiled a little. Feeling a bit sad, she stands up a little and looks at Tommy.

"You can tuck me in, mom," Billy says. Wanda turned around and smiled at her other son. She walked a couple of steps over to Billy's bed.

"I will," Wanda smiled at Billy. She pulled the covers over her son and gave him a light kiss on his forehead. There was a little room so she sat on the edge of Billy's bed. She stroked his hair, showing affection for her son.

She looks between her two children before stating, "You know, a family is forever," She starts. Billy nods furiously. "We could never truly leave each other even if we tried," Wanda says just above a whisper. 

Feeling left out and a little bit sad, Tommy perks up and says to Wanda, "Mom, I changed my mind. You can come tuck me in if you want." 

"Okay," She gets up and tucks Tommy in snug as a bug in a rug, and gives him a kiss on the forehead too. 

"Love you," Wanda tells her two children, her heart melting at the two of them. 

Tommy smiles up at Wanda.

But then she wakes up and begins her nightmare.

Wanda emerges slowly from her bed and sits against her bed frame, taking in the reality she dreads and hates dearly. She looks outside to see the gorgeous white apple blossom trees. Their petals dancing graciously in the wind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Y/n Pov

We changed into some casual clothes, consisting of some light coats since it was still a little chilly from the fall air. I couldn't lie, Stephen looked... good... in his attire. But I would never admit to that. He loves Christine. It would be a dream and a couple of alternate universes for him to love me. 

See, I have watched him for a little and he's just the sweetest. His good looks are just a bonus. He does what he thinks is right. But his ego is something that is a major turn-off for most people. He gets cocky and he tends to make rather unsmart choices to show off. But I could definitely love him past his flaws.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see him stealing little glances at me, looking me up and down. I honestly wonder what he's thinking right now. But I ignore that and keep looking around the pretty orchard.

Stephen leads me through the apple orchard. Or what will become apples. After a few minutes of silence, we spot a woman wearing similar clothing to us, trimming branches with a couple of flowers on them and throwing them into crates beside her.