Serendipity

The dawn of a new day awoke you from a deep slumber. Your head was resting on a sprawled-out Jungkook's chest. The two of you were still completely bare, and now that the fuzziness of sleep was beginning to subside, you realized how brisk the morning air was.

Jungkook was sleeping soundly, his abdomen rising and falling with every deep breath he took. The sun reposing on the horizon cast a golden glow on his tan complexion. He was so beautiful, and all you could do was stare.

You watched him as he slept, taking in those peaceful moments while you had them.

Jungkook began to stir about ten minutes after you had woken up. You propped yourself on your elbow and waited for him to rouse. When he finally did, he rubbed his eyes and turned his head to look at you. Once he saw you, a soft smile adorned his lips.

"Good morning," you greeted him, matching his smile.

"Good morning," Jungkook replied, his voice raspy. "Did you sleep okay?"

You nodded.

"I don't even remember falling asleep," he mentioned.

"All I know is that I did before you," you commented. "My brother is going to fucking kill us for this though."

Jungkook groaned. "Oh, my god. I totally forgot I said I wouldn't have you out late."

"I bet he blew up our phones the entire night."

"Good thing we left them in the car," he chuckled. "I don't wanna see those messages."

"Let's just stay here and not deal with it."

"But I'm kinda hungry."

"You're always hungry," you giggled.

"Yeah, you're right," Jungkook agreed with a laugh. "It's too bad our phones are in the car though. I want to take a picture of us together."

"Are you crazy?" you questioned. "We're naked, Kook."

"Then we'll take it from the neck up," he decided, getting to his feet. "I'll be right back."

Jungkook quickly ran to his car to grab his cell phone. Your stomach was churning anxiously the whole time he was gone. You hoped your brother kept in mind what you had said the previous night—you were an adult now. You didn't need Yoongi to play the protective older brother role anymore. While you appreciated how much he cared, Yoongi had to take it down a notch. Though perhaps, he would, and he'd stick to his remark of backing off a little.

"Any word from Oppa?" you asked when Jungkook returned.

"No," Jungkook responded, sitting down next to you again and pulling up the camera. "That's scarier than a million missed calls, I think."

"Well, maybe I'm taking the brunt of it."

"I'm just glad I'm not."

"Wow, thanks for your concern," you deadpanned.

"You're welcome," he grinned proudly. Jungkook then pressed his cheek to yours, outstretching his arm. "Say 'cheese'."

You remained expressionless.

"Will you just fucking smile?" Jungkook snapped.

"Fine," you huffed.

There he went, ruining the sweet morning you were spending together by being an asshole.

You both smiled into the camera, and Jungkook clicked the button to capture the photo. Next, and without warning, he kissed your cheek, snapping another as he did. You tried to hide your surprise and, god willing, your endeavor would pay off.