Chapter 16

Just a quick note. I'm sorry I haven't replied to all your comments but wattpad has been playing up :( I want you to know that I love each and everyone of your comments so please don't stop :)

Love Mel xx

Chapter 16

It's been a week since I had told Joshua that I was pregnant and still I haven't seen nor heard from him. Jaxon on the other hand, has been coming around our house every day. He knew Elle and Lisa were in college and every time he banged on the door; I would just sit on my bed with my head buried into my pillow. As much as I wanted to hear what he had to say, I didn't want to know either. He had had his chance and as bad as this sounds, he was the least of my problems. Hell he was no longer my problem but his new wife's. I just needed him to leave me alone. Maybe I was losing it but if there was one thing I now know for sure, that was I no longer wanted to be with Jaxon. Baby or not I would never ever go back to him now after hearing what Lisa and Elle had told me.

The day after the restaurant Lisa and Elle sat me down. "Isabella I have tried to find the right time to tell you this but truthfully there is never going to be a right time so I'm just going to come out with it." I nodded for her to go on because she was right something always seems to come up when they wanted to tell me.

"Well Jaxon wasn't who we had thought he was. He had been dating Alisha for years even before he started dating you. He knew long before you that he was getting married." She stopped but I could tell there was more so numbly I nodded for her to go on. "Well Jaxon and Alisha have already got a child and also another on the way. We only found this out because one of his friends had let it slip out when he was drunk." I sat feeling not only cheated on but sickened by what I was hearing. For the first time ever I actually felt sorry for his new wife and child.

Surely she had known about me but then again I hadn't known about her so I guess that wasn't too hard to believe. How could he have dated me when he had a girl and child in some other state waiting for him to return home from college? Then again that would explain why he had to return home every weekend! It wasn't for his dying mother that he had told me about. Hell I guess even that was a lie! How could you lie about your mother dying? Damn I'm not even close to my parents but I could never ever make up something as bad as that. I started wondering if I've ever really known the real Jaxon the way I thought I did.

Not only had he already a family of his own but has now a another child on the way by me the girl who I now know was just his bit on the side and not the love of his life like he had told me I was. I felt sick to the bone as the harsh truths started to sink in.

"Isabella we're sorry but we both thought you should know the truth and knew you would rather hear it from us than someone else on campus. "That's when realisation of Jaxon's urgency to talk to me hit. Was he going to come clean and tell me about his wife/child and the baby he had on the way?

As much as all this should've hurt, it didn't. I just felt sickened by the way he had played me for the fool I was. If anything it had just made my life a little bit easier because now I wouldn't have to worry about lying to him about our baby. Now I knew the truth, there was no way on earth I was going to allow him to be a part of this unborn babies life. He or she deserved more than having a guy like him in their life.

"Thank you and your right. Hearing all this from you is much better than hearing it from some random stranger." For the first time in ages I actually felt relieved. Relived that I no longer had to worry about all the what if's and buts that were hanging over me twenty-four seven. All I needed now was to move on with my life and as much as I longed for Joshua. I knew that that too was something that was never going to happen. He had run and as much as I hated him for it, I didn't blame him one little bit either. He was one of the good guys and I knew in my heart that whoever he ended up with was going to be one very lucky woman.

Taking everything into consideration I suddenly felt as if I had finally found peace. Peace in the sense that this was how it was meant to be. I was never a believer in fate but lately I have come to believe that as strange and hard as life can be, there is a reason behind it. Not that I know that reason right now but I've no doubt that in time I will know but for now I was going to leave the past in the past where it belongs and start over.

A fresh start is exactly what I needed and with college coming to an end what better time to start than right now. Smiling I looked up my overly silent friends.

"You know what." I said feeling happier than ever. "What?" they both replied in unison. "Now I can start over fresh. No more Jaxon or Joshua not that there was a Joshua but I'm going to move on with my life and we're going to begin by dressing up and going out for a celebration meal. A celebration to new beginnings! You two going back home and start living your new lives and me and my baby starting ours here." Both of them began whooping and cheering.

"Oh Isabella we have one more thing to tell you." Lisa said smiling like a Cheshire cat. "Oh and what is that?" I asked feeling all giddy by their excitement. "We're not moving. Well we are but with you." I stood there speechless were they playing with me right now?

"We have found a house here in town that will be perfect for us all and it even has a room for the baby and before you say no we are not listening. We have already signed the paper work and we are due to move in the day after graduation." To say I was gobsmacked was an understatement.

I couldn't believe it "Oh my god!" I squealed excitedly, after the shock finally set in . "You two are the bestest friends in the whole wide world. WOW is this really happening? You're really not moving back home? Oh my god I love you too so bloody much!" I screamed stunned that they had done all of this just for me.

"We know we're the best and the answer to your other questions, yes and no we're not moving back home. Now let's go celebrate." Lisa shouted just as excited as I was feeling.

Dressing up, as hard as it was with a larger than normal baby bump nothing in this world could bring me down from this high I was riding. Not even Jaxon. I felt as if I was floating on cloud nine. Everything had seemed as if had gone back to the day before my life came to a crashing halt. Lisa Elle and I were dancing and singing in my bedroom as we dressed together like old times. The room felt alive with happiness. It was as if we were drunk out of our heads only without the alcohol.

By the time the taxi arrived, Lisa and Elle had already drank their way through two bottles of wine and was just about to start on the third. Even though I wasn't drinking I didn't need it because I was drunk on my own bubble of happiness. The taxi driver was even joining in on our awful karaoke moment as we sung out at the top of our lungs and totally out of tune. I could just picture all the dogs in the neighbourhood howling at us ha ha.

I thought about how I had spent weeks even months wishing for the day to end and here I was tonight whishing the night never to end. This was how I wanted to be. I didn't want much, all I wanted was enough to get by and be happy. No more complications or surprises latching hold of me and taking me down.

*******************

Well what do you think of Jaxon now?

Who wants Joshua to come back?

Who thinks Isabella is right to move on?

Still so many questions!

I'm going to try and upload within the next few days ;)

All my love Mel xx