ᖴOᑌᖇ

(Jun's POV)

Throughout the years before the incident

Shit. What the hell am I being so nervous with?

I noticed my hand is subconsciously twirling a strand from my hair until it was pulled from my scalp.

I'm sitting in a chair inside Yamada-san's office. Waiting for him and the person he's going to introduce to. He said he'll be assisting us with the case we're working on. Plus, he'll be assigned to me.

The ability to speak in public and have strong interpersonal skills are the most important qualities for a police officer. If there is a problem, we must discuss it with the citizens to prevent the conflict from worsening.

I can do that if I'm with the other officers. But if I'm alone and have to deal with it, part of me wants to walk away and pretend I didn't saw any conflict.

Fuck this social anxiety. How did I manage to apply as an officer with this condition? I thought I have already overcome it, turns out it was just sleeping in me then suddenly will wake up unconsciously.

I breathed heavily to calm myself down a little. This will be quick... I'll just need to introduce myself and explain the updates of the case.

"Hello! Nice to meet you, my name is Jun Kisaragi. The case we'll be handling..."

"Hello! I'm Juno Kisaragi, but you can call me Jun. I'm looking forward to working with you..." I said. "Hello! How are you? My name is Kisaragi Juno, but Jun in short is ok... The update for our case... Hello, my name is..."

"Fuck! This is so hard" I muttered. I tried to practice what I'll be saying but I'm stressing myself out because I have no idea what to say.

"Hello good morning! My name is Juno Kisaragi, but Jun is fine. I'm looking forward to working wi-," The sound of the doorknob being twisted cut me off in the middle of my self-introduction practice.

"She doesn't like uncooperative people so try your best to be compliant." I heard Yamada-san's voice as he enters his office together with a man, who was wearing formal attire. He's wearing white button-up long sleeves covered by his light gray coat. He's also wearing a maroon-colored tie, and he appears to look young despite his serious face.

I immediately rose from my seat. Yamada-san was the first to speak before I could greet the two of them. "Kisaragi, I'm sorry for making you wait that long."

"I'd like you to meet the detective," Yamada-san said, motioning with his hand to the guy next to him.

"Hello, my name is Tachibana Naoto. I'm a detective and I'll be working alongside you and your troop. I look forward to teaming up with you." He formally greeted me while bowing.

Tachibana... I think I heard that name before, but I can't remember where. His face is also familiar.

"Nice to meet you too Tachibana-san. My name is Juno Kisaragi." I bowed as well upon introducing myself.

"She's also called as 'Jun' for short," Yamada-san added.

"June, like the month?" Naoto asked to which Yamada-san replied, "Yes, but remove the 'e' at the end. I also asked that when I first met her."

"Not the first time," I chuckled, attempting to blend in with the mood to avoid being awkward.

"I wonder if someone's named March." My boss jested while facing Naoto. I just stood there, motionless.

"But anyway," Yamada-san cleared his throat "You'll be working together now, so be respectful to one another. Jun, you're two years older than him so as the leader of your troop, guide him if he needs it." he instructed me. I didn't intend to be a babysitter, but work is work.