Chapter 43

*Swoosh*

Lot 4 in the Yellow Street of the South Capital.

They finally arrived where that doctor lived.

*Creaak*

The door produced and old sound as it opened in a certain house. A man with blonde hair walked out carrying a sprinkler and he watered the flowers.

Catherina walked towards him and called him. "Doctor Duncan?"

"Yes? How can I help you?" Dr. Duncan turned around to see who was looking for him.

*Thud*

He dropped the watering can he held and he was shocked to see Catherina's face.

"My-My lady?" His hands trembled.

"It's me."

"Is it really you? How is this possible?" He couldn't believe that Catherina was actually alive.

Tears escaped his eyes and he walked wearily towards her.

"!!!!"

Catherina was surprised as to why he suddenly knelt in front of her, crying heavily.

"I'm glad. I'm so glad you're alive. I'm so sorry for everything I did. I promise to pay you for my sins." He cried as he bowed his head to the ground.

Ever since Catherina died, there was not a day that he didn't feel guilty. Six years, he hid like a rat and carried his burdens all alone. He was afraid to tell the Dwight family because he was too ashamed to face them.

But seeing Catherina alive and well, he had hope.

"Please stand up. I'm here to talk with you."

*Sniff* "I apologize. Please, come inside." He stood up and led them inside his house.

"Thank you."

...

The sound of pouring tea into the teacups was heard in the living room.

Duncan was serving tea for both of them.

Catherina carried the cup but Owen refrained her from doing so, afraid that there might be poison in it.

"Please don't worry. There's no poison in it." Duncan smiled wryly.

"Ah, yes. Thank you."

Before Catherina sipped on the tea, Owen secretly filtered it using magic.

"It's good." Catherina sighed.

Duncan sat on the opposite and faced them both.

"I really can't believe you're alive. How?

"Duncan Delgado." Owen uttered his name.

Duncan looked at Owen and noticed his dominating presence. 'An alchemist- no, an archmage!'

"Y-yes, what is it?" Duncan's voice shook as he realized Owen's unbelievable presence of divine magic.

"Do you know about the Blue Dragon's Tears?"

"!!!!"

Duncan's eyes widened in surprise as he heard that flower.

"Ho-How do you know about it?"

Owen cocked a brow at his reaction. 'So he knew about it.'

"I won't beat around the bush. Who told you to lie that Rina only had two days before dying?"

Duncan knelt on the floor. "Please forgive me! I just did as I was told. A maid named Emma ordered me to lie about her time span but she made it into truth by adding the dosage of poison that my lady drinks each day."