But You're Sick!

Jonathan was sitting on the couch in his living room, looking at the camera Nancy got for him. It was getting old and pretty beat up, the thing has been through a lot.

"I really need a new camera..." The teen mumbled to himself as he sat the camera down on the coffee table in front of him and leaned back.

Just as Jonathan relaxed, his mother, Joyce, walked into the living room from the kitchen.

"Jon," her son looked at her at the mention of his name, "can you go and check on Steve and maybe bring him food? Nancy called, she said he has a pretty bad fever." Joyce had concern laced in her tone.

"Why can't Nancy do it? She called you about it." It's not that Jonathan didn't want to see Steve, it's just that he didn't want to get sick. He went to pick up his camera again.

"Nancy is busy with Karen. They're doing like a girls' night or something." Joyce smiled at Jonathan and walked back into the kitchen.

"Go check on him soon please!" Her voice echoed through the room.

"Yeah, yeah..." Jonathan stood up, he left his camera on the coffee table and grabbed his keys, put his shoes on then left.

~~

Jonathan pulled up into Steve's driveway, putting his old, rusty car in park. He slammed the door behind him as he got out of the car, Jonathan winced at it. If he does that too much, his door will fall off for sure.

The teen walked up to the front door, he twisted the handle after knocking, it was surprisingly unlocked. Steve has been paranoid about locking doors ever since the demogorgons happened.

He walked inside, took his shoes off after closing the door behind him, and walked through the hall into the living room.

There on the couch, layed Steve Harrington, flat on his stomach face pressed against the couch with two thick blankets covering him.

"Steve?" No answer, so Jonathan walked closer, still calling out his boyfriend's name.

"Stevvvvee?" Jonathan kneeled next to the probably sleeping teenager and shook him lightly.

A groan came out of what sounded like a scratchy throat.

"Huh...?" Steve lifted his head up to look at Jonathan, he immediately grinned widely when he recognized him.

"Jonny! I missed youuu!" Steve tried to wrap his boyfriend in a hug, but Jonathan dodged it. Steve frowned and tilted his head, like a confused puppy.

"I can't be that close to you, I don't wanna get sick too." Jonathan smiled and chuckled as Steve dropped his face onto the couch.

"That doesn't matter! I wanna kiss you!" The sick boy's voice came out muffled from the couch.

"You can't though! I'm going to make you food. What do you want?" Jonathan stood up and took a few steps back.

"I dunno, whatever I have in my kitchen I guess." Steve turned onto his side to look at Jonathan.

"Alright, I'll be back soon." Jonathan flashed a smile at his boyfriend and walked out of the living room, to Steve's kitchen. Steve sighed as he watched Jonathan disappear.

~~

Steve didn't really have any food that would be easy for him to eat while sick. The best he had was probably eggs, but those would take too long, and Jonathan doesn't know how Steve likes his eggs anyways.

So, Jonathan settled on a random soup Steve had in his pantry. He checked the expiration dates, he went through a few cans before finding a non-expired one. A classic chicken noodle soup.

Jonathan got out a pot and a spoon then turned on the stove. He opened the can and waited for the stove to heat up.

Just as he finished pouring the can of soup into the now steaming pot, a pair of strong arms wrapped around him from behind.

Jonathan gasped as he dropped the can on the counter. He looked over his shoulder and there was Steve, a blanket still cloaked his body.

The poor, sick boy pressed his nose into Jonathan's neck, inhaling his scent even though he can barely breathe out of his nose. Jonathan sighed.

"Steve... you're supposed to be on the couch." He turned around in his boyfriend's grasp to look at him.

"I know, I just wanted to see you." Steve smiled, his eyes crinkling as he coughed slightly. "I also said that I want to kiss you."

"Wait wha-" Jonathan was cut off by Steve slotting their lips together and him moving them away from the stove.

After a few minutes of Jonathan trying to tell Steve that he was sick and couldn't kiss him, the smell of burning soup came into the shorter's nose.

"Oh shit!" He lightly shoved Steve away from him and pulled the pot off the burner. He glared at his boyfriend who stood there with a slightly guilty look on his face.

Jonathan sighed and threw the ruined soup away. Steve didn't care that he doesn't get food, he only cares that he gets to be with his boyfriend.

He shuffled over to Jonathan and grabbed his hand, pulling him back into the living room. Steve sat on the couch and pulled Jonathan on top of him with a grunt. They smiled at each other and started kissing again, Jonathan no longer caring if he got sick or not. It slowly turned into a make out session.
~~

Jonathan came back home a few hours later, he was tired for personal reasons and went to bed almost immediately after greeting Joyce and Will.

When morning came, Jonathan emerged from his room later than usual.

"You're just waking up? You're usually up at like seven or eight! It's almost twelve!" Joyce looked at her son with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine just not feeling the greatest." He gave his mother a weak smile then sniffed and coughed.

"You're alright though?" She walked over to Jonathan to take a closer look.

Jonathan chuckled, "Yeah, I must've gotten sick overnight."

Will snorted from where he was in the kitchen, "Yeah, I'm sure that's what happened." He mumbled, he earned a glare from Jonathan.

"I'm going to lay down." The older boy walked back into his room.

"I'll check on you later!" Joyce called after him.

WC: 1049