Chapter 17: Name?

Y/N POV

I had made it to red zones and 1104XX's cell. The new guy, Benjamin, was there again. He smiled and waved.
  "Sorry I'm late. Professor Williams needed to chat with me about 1104XX." I explained.
  "No it's fine. But 1104XX probably won't think it is. I can tell he's getting impatient." Ben said, laughing slightly.
  "Oh boy. Now he's gonna be throwing a tantrum." I muttered sarcastically.
  "Good luck." Ben said, opening the door.
I walked in and was immediately greeted with a hug.
  "Darling you're back! Took too long!" He said, happily.
He pulled away, with a smile.
  "Yeah yeah. I'm sorry bud. Blame the Professor not me." I said, rolling my eyes in a playful manner.
He growled at the mention of the Professor being the cause that I was late.
  "You'll live." I said.
  "No. Sad. Need you." He frowned.
  "I'm sorry I'm sorry. I promise that won't happen again." I said.
  "Promise for sure?" He asked.
I shrugged and he let out a huff.
  "Now, how about we see how those bruises are doing?" I asked.
  "Ok." He mumbled.
I carefully and slowly lifted up his shirt. And they were looking better.
  "Do they still hurt?" I asked, looking up at 1104XX.
He nodded as I let his shirt fall back down.
  "I'm sorry about that. Can... Can you tell me who did this to you?" I asked under my breath.
1104XX looked at the door, narrowing his eyes.
  "Them." He growled.
  "Who's them, bud?" I asked, again.
He seemed to get frustrated for some reason and folded his arms with an angry huff. I sighed.
  "Ok. So 1104XX I do need to ask some very important questions today." I said.
  "Just spend time. No more." He muttered, sitting down.
  "All I've been doing is spending time, 1104XX. We need to try and help. It's to help you get better." I explained.
He rolled his eyes, pretending to mimic me by muttering some gibberish. I chuckled slightly.
  "Do you know or remember your name, 1104XX?" I asked.
He seemed shocked by the mention of that but then seemed confused for a moment.
  "N-name? No name! Bad!" He yelled.
He seemed ticked off now.
  "Oh. So you do know? Could you possibly tell me? Just for our information?" I asked.
  "No! I hate it!" He growled.
  "1104XX." I said, frowning.
He sighed.
  "Peter..." He said under his breath.
  "Peter. Ok. But, I won't call you that if you don't like it, ok bud?" I explained.
He smiled a little and nodded.
  "Now, do you remember anything about your past? Do you have any family members?" I asked.
He seemed to think for a moment. Just then I noticed his hands began to shake and tears pricked into his eyes.
  "Hey, you ok 1104XX?" I asked, reaching out to place a hand on his shoulder.
He moved away, putting his hands up in front of him.
  "No! Stop!" He yelled.
  "Hey whoa calm down buddy! I'm sorry. I just wanted to see if you were ok." I said.
He covered his face, tears beginning to stream down his face.
  "Please no. Stop." He whispered.
I sat there for a moment. He had curled up and scooted away from me. Maybe I had triggered something with those questions? I wrote that down quickly before setting my clipboard aside.
  "Hey, bud. We don't need to do questions anymore. I'm sorry I asked. I didn't mean it." I said.
  "No more pain. No more. Too much." He whimpered.
  "There will be no more pain. I promise you. I will make sure whoever is hurting you will pay for this. Ok?" I said, scooting closer to him.
He unburied his face from his hands. I noticed how tense he was. Maybe he had a bad childhood? That's more than likely the answer. I placed a hand on his knee and gave him a soft smile. He set his hand on mine.
  "Mine." He whispered.
  "How about we try going on a walk? Or would that be too much right now?" I asked.
  "W-walk? Out of cell?" He stuttered.
I nodded. Forget trying to get an answer from Don. I'll just be careful.
  "Y-yeah..." He mumbled.
I stood up and so did 1104XX.
  "Come on then. Maybe we can also get something sweet while we're out? What do you think?" I asked, taking his hand in mine as we walked over to the door.
  "Yes." He said, his whole mood changing in an instant.
I opened the door slightly.
  "Hey Ben. Me and 1104XX are gonna go on a walk." I said.
  "Wh-what?! Are you crazy! Did Professor Williams approve of this?" He asked as I opened the door.
1104XX hid behind me, glaring at Ben.
  "No but I promise to make sure everything will go fine. And 1104XX promises to be on his best behavior. Right buddy?" I asked.
  "Best behavior. Good." He said.
  "Oh gosh Y/N you're gonna get yourself fired. Can I at least tag along so you have some kind of protection?" Benjamin asked.
  "Yes. But try and keep your distance." I said.
  "I will." He said.

(868 words)