[ 50 ]

CHAPTER FIFTY
- FAINT VOICES -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

Knock knock...

Sunghoon, who was still standing in the bathroom startled by his imaginations, was startled once more by a loud knock on the door. He didn't dare open it, he was too afraid to do so.

One more time the same knock sounded. "Open up! It's me!" A voice sounded outside the room.

When Sunghoon heard that it was a female voice standing behind the door, Sunghoon sighed in relief. It was fortunately not his father.

"Sir, we want to take a look at Jiwoo," The doctor who was very blunt to Sunghoon earlier spoke. Sunghoon nodded quickly, still in shock from shock and let the lady in, along with 1 other (female) nurse.

Sunghoon sat down on the edge of his bed and looked at the comatose Jiwoo. He didn't know how to feel at this moment. It was at least 3 days or Jiwoo was already suffering in the hospital again after those full 3 years that were hard enough.

Life just isn't easy. Even though life has been easy for a long time, there is a twist everywhere in the end.

"Now why did you guys want to look at her in the middle of the night? Is something wrong?" Sunghoon asked worriedly as he looked up at the two doctors standing next to Jiwoo her bed.

The doctor turned her head and then she turned her gaze back to Jiwoo. "She has lost a lot of blood. Tomorrow we basically want to start donations. Furthermore, she is low on vitamins and iron, which is bad for her stability. We want to prescribe as many of these two things to her as possible," The doctor began with all kinds of explanations. "She's not going to die, that's for sure."

Sunghoon sighed with relief. "Thankfully."

"Unless-"

"What do you mean unless?" Sunghoon shot upright startled.

The doctor swallowed. "She's on a respirator. When she's taken off the respirator, she doesn't get any more air because she can't breathe on her own. She then suffocates and eventually ends up deceased."

"What the fuck..."

"I'm sorry to say that, but assume she doesn't die because that oxygen mask will never be taken off anyway."

Sunghoon nodded, saddened, knowing that his loved one could die or never wake up from a coma. Shit...

"Okay," was all Sunghoon could get out of his mouth further, and even at that one word, his voice skipped.

The doctor stood up again. "For now, she looks okay," She said as she and the other nurse walked toward the door. "Good night."

-

I vaguely heard my name being said. It echoed through the back of my head. Jiwoo, Jiwoo, Jiwoo. I am awake but strangely I cannot open my eyes. At least, I try, but I can't.

So my eyes are closed and I can't see anything at all. Actually, right now I want to imagine that I am lying in the arms of my favorite person right now, but I keep seeing nothing.

My body lies still, as if I were a skeleton buried under the ground with no muscles left to move. I want to run, spin around and be free, but the way I feel now, I am trapped again.

I remember almost nothing. Strange, because normally I remember almost everything. I only know that I heard a bang from a gun.

Jake!

Do you think he's still alive? I don't remember. After he was shot, I don't remember anything.

Where's Sunghoon? Is he here? Maybe he was the one who said my name earlier. The voice was too faint to hear though. It was too blurry.

Once in a while I feel a hand slide over mine. I'm always curious who it is, but every time I want to see the person, my eyes just don't open and my finger can't interlock with the other person.

Wake up now, Jiwoo. Wake up! How long are you going to lie here still in a deep sleep now.

When you wake up, a whole new world might open up for you.

So come on! Open your fucking eyes and live!

-

A/N: another short chapter bc I am running out of drafts and this time for real LMFAO
never expected this book to be this long too. I was just about to make this book a short
story but it ended up getting a part two and a chapter 50! oops...