Chapter Twenty Seven

When we told my parents about our engagement and new house, they were ecstatic. At first we told them about the house which mum was actually really sad for us to be leaving. Despite that, she was very happy for us. Dad wished us the best and also offered his help for when we were moving. He said we needed all the muscle we could get which made me laugh. Mum teased him saying he had none which he then flexed his arms at her and made her admit that he did have muscle. My parents are adorable.

We then went on to add that we were engaged and I swear my dad almost fainted. They congratulated us and again, wished us the best. We decided to tell Jake and Sam tomorrow because I wanted to hold off of telling him. Jake was okay and beginning to accept us being in a relationship but I was not sure how he would react if he were to find out that we were engaged.

My parents decided to throw a mini party for us as in just us four. My dad brought out the expensive wine he had and popped it open, pouring some into a few glasses for each of us. We all had a few drinks before I started to feel a bit tipsy. Damian and I had a few glasses of champagne at the beach but then wine added on top? I was starting to feel really lightheaded. "Alright, let's get you to bed, sweetheart." Damian picked me up and threw me over his shoulder which made me feel like the whole world was spinning.

"Woo!" I exclaim, flapping my arms around.

"Maybe this wasn't a good idea to pick you up like this," he said with a chuckle. Soon enough, I was placed down into my bed and I was mumbling nonsense. It felt like the time when I was sixteen and drunk off my head. What if Damian is my new fairy godmother?

"Fairy godmother?" I question in a small voice. "Is it you?"

"Baby, it's Damian. Come on, you need to sleep this off, alright?" I shook my head at him and kicked my feet up and down in the air. "Kylie," he muttered, sounding slightly agitated. He tried to undress me and put on my pyjamas but I wouldn't let him.

"I want to marry you!" I slurred, holding onto the collar of his shirt. I pulled him closer and said, "You're so pretty! Who's a pretty birdie?" He held in the laughter and gave me a chaste kiss on my forehead.

"Sleep, sweetheart."

"Join me," I pout, pulling him to the bed. He fell on top of me and I carried on laughing. I think I've had way too much drink. Am I a lightweight?

"Let me get undressed," he said, getting off of me and undressing himself until he was in his boxers. He then clambered into the bed beside me and pulled me close. I felt like I was a cat, so I purred. "Are you purring?"

"I'm a kitty cat, meow." He chuckles and puts his hand over my mouth. Does he not like me being a cat? I mumble against his hand and he obviously couldn't understand me so he removed his hand. "I'm tired," I state and close my eyes after yawning. I heard him mutter 'good' before I fell asleep.

***

Over the next week, my mum and I sat down to discuss wedding plans. She said it was best to get the wedding plans out of the way so that we knew straight away what we did and didn't want. Damian wasn't too easy about starting the preparation yet as he wanted us to enjoy being engaged. We also hadn't told Jake yet because we didn't know how to. We just had to find a way to do so but without causing chaos. It was hard to gauge what his reaction would be since his reaction to us dating was absolutely horrific.