50 | You're The Hot One

They're right when they call it 'The Devil's Lettuce' because my god my brain is on fire. The fire part might be due to the alcohol but I know that the weed is still kicking my ass. Tobias' bed is still as comfy as before but I feel like I'm dying.

My throat is as dry as the air, my clothes are too tight, and... I can't breathe. I'm pressed up against what feels to be his bare arm and we're all tangled together. Honestly, I can't tell where I end and he begins.

Tobias stirs as I push away from him, blinking away my hangover and the sleep. "What's wrong?" He sounds worse off than I am.

"I'm hot." I mumble and drop my head back onto his arm, "How'd we get back last night?"

He shrugs and I chuckle, "I think you dragged me back. I'm not too sure." Tobias pulls the cover off of me and the instant relief I feel is magic. My body relaxes into him and a sigh escapes me. "Maybe you should have taken your socks off before you went to sleep, you heathen."

I shuffle my feet around on his mattress and cringe when I feel my feet are covered in cotton. "Ew, why'd you let me sleep with my socks on, Tobi?" I push them off of my feet and onto the floor with the other foot.

"I didn't let you do anything, Rita, you were very argumentative last night."

My hands cover his mouth before he can say any more. "No big words, my brain isn't working yet." Tobias turns his face away and my hands fall onto his chest, "You're so soft." I smile as I push into the fat on his torso.

Muscles tense as I touch his skin which makes me giggle, "Stop that." He's clenching his jaw and it makes an evil grin grow on my face. "...Rita..."

"Hmm? What's wrong? A little ticklish are we?" Tobias twists as I start to jitter my fingers across his stomach and sides, and laughter explodes from him. The sight only makes me laugh harder because I've never seen someone be so ticklish.

"Rita!" He's gasping and I relent, we both take deep breaths. I'm smiling at his tired expression but he's glaring at me, "You're an asshole."

I push my head against his chest, "You love that I'm an asshole."

Tobias exhales loudly, "Sure, I do." A fake gasp from me makes him groan. "I thought you were hot?"

Now I'm groaning, "Why'd you remind me?" My voice sounds incredibly whiny and it makes me scowl at myself. "You're the hot one, it's worrying actually."

"You're the one smothering me."

"I love smothering you, Tobi." I give him a sad look through my lashes and he drops his head backward–laughing at me. "Stop laughing at me..." I push my face into his chest.

One of his hands rubs the top of my back, "You're cute, that's all." I feel like an idiot for how I act around him. But it's like I can't help but act all lovesick. "That made you all quiet?" He presses his other hand against my shoulder.

My face is bright red when I lift my head to look at him. "Oh me? No..." Tobias smiles at me as I pull back and sit up. I cross my legs under one another and mess with the blanket covering his legs.

"How's that making you shy? I'm so confused."

I scoff, "Trust me, I'm confused too." How's he always so... cool? Tobias' hand lands on my hip and I freeze for a second, he pulls away but I stop him, "It's okay, just startled me a little."

He nods, "What are you confused about?"

"Almost everything." Tobias chuckles and shakes his head but I push his chest, "I'm being serious! You stump me every time I think I have some idea of how and what you're like!" I pause and look down at my hand that's settled on his pale chest, "Like when you found me at the water fountain that one time–you were a complete dick! And for what?"

Tobias seems to think for a moment, "I... I don't have an answer for that."

I roll my eyes at him and mess with my scarf, "I don't know... I just, you confuse me. Maybe I'm not used to being... what we are so I'm still learning but, you being so distant during training but then kissing me like that on the train it was like whiplash."

"I'm sorry." He slowly rubs a circle into my hip with his finger. "I'm working on being better at... talking." I shake my head, "Honestly, I'm really bad at it."

"You're not... horrible at it. You're better at talking than I am at times."

Tobias shakes his head, "That's not true, you just don't say things out loud." I squint at him, once again wishing he wasn't so aware of my tendencies.

I hold my hands up, "You may be a shit talker but you're spot on with seeing things I don't even notice."

He smiles proudly at himself and leans up, "You really are an open book, Rita Rose." And he kisses me.

" And he kisses me