(157) I Just Want To Ask You Out To Dinner

The next day at work, Lin Yiyi needed to first take care of the new businesses. Specifically, she needed to review a few new movies. These were the most recent investments that their company was interested in, by both Lin Yiyi and Tao Jiahui.

Lin Yiyi finally had time to read gossip about herself after she finished with her work that morning.

Nevertheless, the most trended news from the day before that had wreaked havoc in town was no longer visible.

The news had already been removed from the most trended list. With the exception of someone specially searching for “Zhang Xiying” or “character swapping”, there were basically no more traces of it, but the incident itself was far from being over.

The newly formed legal department of Xinri Media had sent her a few emails, specifically having to do with the top few medias who were involved in slandering and dissemination. Lawyers of the company had already sent out lawyer’s letters and closed out a few water armies’ accounts through legal means.

It might look like Lin Yiyi wasn’t the only victim in this incident and that Xinri Media and Yuan Yao Media were also victims as well. But, in reality, Lin Yiyi was the one that bore the brunt of it.

That being said, her being smeared was only superficial. Zhang Xiying’s loss, on the other hand, was real.

Being well-liked was important in the entertainment circle.

This being well-liked, naturally, also included all sorts of media companies and producers, etc.

This one incident that Zhang Xiying caused had offended three major media companies. Who else would want to work with her in the future?

At this very moment, Zhang Xiying angrily threw her cellphone from her hand.

Xiao Xu, her assistant, waited till Zhang Xiying had finished with throwing her fit before she started comforting her immediately, “Xiying-jie, all things considered, we are the victims here. I’m sure the public opinion will side with us. Don’t be mad just yet. Here, have some water.”

To think that they were secretly happy when the news broke yesterday.

People always side with the underdog. Not to mention that this was Shengshi Entertainment’s fault to begin with.

Regardless of whether this has to do with Lin Yiyi, they weren’t the one who leaked the story. What did it have to do with them?

It wasn’t until Meng Yan called her up and urged her to clarify it as soon as possible did she realize that this incident also dragged in Yuan Yao Media.

Yao Yimeng turned out to be the daughter of the president of Yuan Yao!

No wonder Shengshi Entertainment turned her down for the role of third female lead immediately and went with such a newbie instead…

If they looked at their experience and acting skills, Yao Yimeng didn’t even come close to Chang XiaoYa’s!

Alas, it was all too late.

By the time Zhang Xiying logged into Weibo, the official website of “Earth-shattering” had already posted a message to clarify their stand.

And, that wasn’t even a clarification; that was a warning to her, alright!

Shengshi Entertainment did not just sit around and do nothing that day either.

Executive Assistant Zhou reached out to Yuan Yao Media and wanted to discuss with them the impact of this incident on both of the companies.

Yet Yuan Yao dodged their request.

Lu Xun could tell that Yuan Yao wanted to keep their distance from them, so after some consideration, he got up and went over to Xinri.

Executive Assistant Zhou, “……”

Boss, did you see that look on yourself when you thought about going over to Xinri?

When Lu Xun arrived at Xinri, Lin Yiyi was busy.

When she had finished with what she had on hand, she saw Boss Lu, who was now relaxing in their employees’ lounge like it was a coffee shop. He was frowning as he drank the instant coffee, which he normally hated, and doing something on his phone.

Lin Yiyi couldn’t tell what he was doing on his phone, but Lu Xun has always been a busy man and was also a workaholic in the past. He also didn’t enjoy playing games on his phone, so most likely he was taking care of work on his phone.

“You are so busy that you can’t even put your phone down. How do you have time to visit?”

Lin Yiyi was no longer in a hurry to get back into her office. She put down the stack of contracts that she was carrying with her and took a seat as well.

Lu Xun had already made her a cup of instant coffee.

“I just want to ask you out to dinner.”