| bonus i: love is in the air |

"If we weren't meant to meet this way, the destiny would have done something else to get us together

"If we weren't meant to meet this way, the destiny would have done something else to get us together." — Vihaan Singh Chauhan, His Inconvenient Bride

" — Vihaan Singh Chauhan, His Inconvenient Bride

Jaipur, India

It had been another day when Akanksha wasn't back home from the hotel. Vihaan was back early from the Bureau, now waiting for his wife to come back home.

It had been two months since everything happened. And two months since Akanksha has turned into a workaholic, juggling her jobs between the Bureau and the hotel. There's a massive dip in the share prices of the Marigold Group and all the Agarwals have teamed up to get things going.

Sure, they were at loss, a very bad one but not to the extent that would harm their employees. They might receive a pay cut but it was made sure only the higher ups with the biggest salaries and not the in house staff.

There was bad publicity due to Mukesh Agarwal being the serial killer but there was good publicity as well because of Akanksha, being the one to catch her uncle. If there were guests or any other projects, it was all thanks to Akanksha for she had become the saving grace of their drowning hotel.

Due to the wrap of the hearing of the New Year Serial Killer Case and Kamal Prakash Assassination, the workload at the Bureau was quite less so she spent more time at the hotel, working endlessly.

And Vihaan was left alone. Though he understood her priorities towards her family and her profession, he felt a bit selfish to want her for himself all the time. Sometimes he felt that she prioritised everything but him. It was harsh, but the nagging from the devil side of his brain didn't leave him.

So many times, so many times he wanted to take her out on a date but something or the other came up, which made her cancel it.

They barely spoke to each other in person but still, Akanksha made sure to call and message him from time to time to ask him how he was doing.

And that's the reason why he couldn't get angry at her. Her sweet talks, I love yous and her multiple apologies during those phone calls erased all of his anger, because he knew that she was longing to be with him too.