Chapter 12: Caves and An Old Foe

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

(A/N: All the images, opening, ending or gifs used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

Previously we saw that Issei and the others managed to successfully reach Level 7 with everyone staying alive, after celebrating for a short while, they then walked to the door and started walking down the stairs, where they noticed that it seemed to be a beach, Issei then noticed that a woman was singing and he was feeling like moving towards it, once he snapped out of his trance, he got on guard about the woman, after introducing herself as Ingvild Leviathan, they then show their abilities and after talking to the Dragon inside, he lets her join their group of 5, they then dive inside the ocean since the only way out was the cave entrance at The Midnight Zone, however as soon as they dived in, an entity sensed their presence, that being the hunter Tiny, it realized that new prey had come and decided to attack and kill them himself. Meanwhile with the others, they passed the Daylight Zone and entered the Twilight zone, that was when they came face to face with Tiny, the entity immediately went after Ruby Rose, as it deemed her to be the weakest amongst the group, however she was defended by Naofumi who used his Dog shield to counter attack Tiny, who managed to deal with the counterattack, Jaune tried to negotiate with Tiny, however it ignored and attacked Jaune who was able to hold his own and his aura protected him from injuries, Issei assisted him as well, after which Tiny decided to switch into a more defensive maneuver, as Issei went into his Balance Breaker and was surprised that he could use it underwater. Ruby charged at him, however Tiny used the Tar which he released disorienting her, Tiny then once again attacks and eats her, however Issei grabs her and sends her to Jaune, which starts to anger Tiny, after that Ingvild uses water currents to turn the tide against Tiny, which he notices and goes after her, however she was defended thanks to Naofumi and Issei once again grabbed her to safety, Issei then gave the entity one final chance to swim away and let them pass, however Tiny was adamant, he was going to taste human flesh no matter what, seeing no choice, Issei then asked Naofumi whether he had a noise like shield, which he did and summoned Voice Gengar shield and he yelled into it dazing Tiny, this allowed Issei to get behind and grab him, he was in his Trianna and entered his knight form allowing him to speed to Tiny before he could sense and started sending the entity upwards, he then dashed upwards with Ruby tailing behind him and Jaune assisting Naofumi in increasing the sound with aura and Ingvild using the water to send him upwards, eventually they threw Tiny to the shore where he struggled since he was unable to move, he cursed and struggled as both Issei and Ruby went under the water as they continued travelling under the water, they eventually reached the Midnight Zone where Issei and the others noticed the cave entrance which was the way to get out, however the Thing decided to chase them down prompting Issei and Ruby to use their knight form and Semblance respectively as they grabbed their friends and rushed to the cave entrance however the Thing was smarter as he tried to overtake but failed eventually the cave became shorter as the Thing managed to get it's head stuck in the cave opening, it made one last snap before going back into the deep waters to swim for more prey, Issei and the others then noticed that they needed to swim upwards as their biggest challenge has only just begun, since now they were in a infinite cave system.

Issei and the others then swam above the water as they could see that they were finally in an infinite cave system, Issei used his flames to immediately dry their clothes since they would need as much energy as possible, the level which they were in was considered to be extremely dangerous, since this is where majority of the hostile entities spawn here, given that all entities that they have encountered from Level 1 to Level 7 will show up here along with some new dangerous ones will also make an appearance. This is the level that they need to stay on guard at all times, otherwise any entity could easily kill them.