Second Relictomb

|Cordelia|

The morning arrived, and according to Jude's directions, it was time to enter the first main relictomb. As it turned out, he had already ventured into one in Dicathen. We had acquired the location of the four major ruins, and now it was time to proceed with our plan.

Prior to setting out, Seris inscribed fake runes on his back. With his ripped physique, my face quickly reddened before I averted my gaze. Once the runes were done, I bestowed upon him a disguise rune and instructed him, "Your new identity is Adam, a powerful mage with three regalia. However, you need not worry since it will be just the two of us ascending."

Just as we were about to depart, the front door opened, and my sister Caera arrived. She was taller than me, with navy blue hair cascading down her hips and scarlet eyes as red as her puffy lips. Caera was already an experienced ascender, and I intended to use her identity for our plan.

"Are you going on an ascent with him, Cordelia?" Caera asked, eyeing Jude behind me.

Jude stepped forward, briefly locking gazes with me before I telepathically informed him, "You can reveal your real name. She's trustworthy."

"My name is Jude, and I hail from Dicathen," he introduced himself to Caera.

Although she raised a brow, she didn't question further, and her lack of feelings for Alacarya made her perfect for the role. "So, why did you call me here?" she inquired, curious.

I tossed a powerful disguise relic to her, the strongest one I possessed. "You'll be assuming my identity for the few months I'll be ascending relictombs with Jude," I explained.

Her eyes widened in shock as she stammered, "But I'm not nearly strong enough, even if the relic can disguise me as you."

"Don't worry," I reassured her. "I usually conceal my strength and never release my pressure. Seris will cover for you if necessary."

She looked at me with a mix of bewilderment and betrayal, but after contemplating for a moment, she sighed. "Alright."

With that settled, I used my disguise rune to transform into Caera, and Jude altered his appearance as well. His jet-black hair morphed into a golden hue, and his emerald eyes shifted to amethyst. Although his features changed slightly, he still looked handsome.

I blushed slightly before urging, "Let's go."

Jude and I made our way through the portal, using the spatial coordinates he had provided. As we emerged on the other side, I conjured my identification documents to show the guardians. Once verified, we were granted entry into the massive relictomb. Jude looked around in awe, taking in the grandeur of the ruins.

But as we ventured deeper, the darkness enveloped us, making it impossible to distinguish between open and closed eyes. The air was frigid, and I could feel the chill creeping into my bones. Without hesitation, I summoned white flames to illuminate our surroundings, casting light on a cavernous chamber.

Suddenly, Jude's voice broke through the stillness. "There's a powerful blizzard outside," he said, causing me to glance at him. To my surprise, his disguise had worn off, revealing his true form. I couldn't help but chuckle at his comical expression.

I reached up to touch my hair and felt a jolt of panic when I discovered it had turned pink instead of navy blue. Quickly, I scanned the area for any potential threats, but all I saw was hail battering the entrance like a barrage of missiles.

"We should wait for two days until the storm subsides," Jude suggested. Nodding in agreement, I withdrew our supplies from my spatial ring, which included two bedrolls, a warming artifact, and a supply of rations.