ᴄᴏɴꜰʀᴏɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ | 5

The sun shone brightly on your skin, like if it were a flashlight. You gradually opened your eyes and took a glance around. After last night's incident and the teasing from others, you couldn't sleep well. You gently sat up in your bed after waking up from your slumber; then you realized you hadn't unpacked anything.

"Great," you thought to yourself as you rubbed your sleepy eyes.

Already sick of this day, you have a terrible headache and you're still worried about what had happened last night. You only knew that Munson needs to be avoided; why did he have that appearance?

You forced yourself to stop thinking so you could get out of bed and prepare for school, which you were already dreading. You rose from your bed and moved towards one of the boxes lying on the floor. You eventually found something to wear while you dug through some boxes, but it wasn't the Afterlife Club t-shirt.

You assumed that your buddies would nag at you for not donning the club t-shirt. However, you didn't give a damn because you were already overly worried, and if any shirt bothered them, it was their issue. Shockingly, there were some black ripped jeans and a Metallica t-shirt in the box. You were aware that society didn't value metal music, and they just assumed to think you were a demonic person, which was full of shit. You contemplated whether or not to wear the shirt while the "satanic panic" situation was going.

You made the decision to say, "fuck it," pulled the shirt out of the box, and removed your pajama shirt. You then put on the shirt and started getting ready by undressing your lower body.

You went into the kitchen after getting dressed, took your bookbag, and headed for the front door. Since you had just arrived, there was nothing to eat. You grabbed your house and car keys and headed outdoors because you weren't hungry any way.

------

When you got outdoors, you turned around to face the door, and then you shut it. You turned back around and went down the steps, locking your door for the day. You weren't going to lie; you were terrified of stepping onto these steps. Eddie's van is still parked outside across the street; perhaps he wasn't going to school.

When you watched his front door swing open and a tall figure stroll out of the trailor, your line of thought came to a halt.

  You quickly ignored him by stepping down from the trailor steps and making your way to your car. You slid your own bookbag into the driver's seat as soon as you opened the car door. When you opened your bookbag to double-check that you had everything, you noticed that someone was watching you. You just stood there stunned, thinking it was simply your own imagination.

"Y/n?", you hear a male voice behind you.

  You instinctively gasp in terror as you turned around to face them. You were stuck at Eddie Munson's feet because all of the images of what had occurred that night came flooding back to you. That figure seemed to be Lord Vecna. You've been playing Dungeons & Dragons for as long as you could remember, yet they never portrayed him like how you saw him. His powers were similar to those in the game, but you had no idea he was genuine. This can't be reality, can it be? Is it possible that you were going insane?

  Eddie just gazed at you, as your thoughts were all over the place, and he seemed concerned for the first time in his life. You were scared of him for the very first time in your life, and you had never been before. As you stood there stunned, you made eye contact with him. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get your words out. You gulped from fear as you remembered something about that incident that... destroyed you to the core.

  "What the hell is up with you?", Eddie asked you with a concerning tone in his voice.

  As you struggled to talk, your eyes started to itch, and you could hear your voice trembling as you tried to fight back tears. You looked away from his eyes and down at the ground; you were vulnerable, but not in the manner that you usually were with him; this time was different.