•6•

Hank, Erin and Jay all left the interview room and went to join the team once again. "So? Did she give you anything?" Kevin asked. "Not much. She's just blaming it on someone else" Hank replied. "Who is she blaming it on? Maybe she's right.."  "No kev, she's wrong. Deadly wrong. It can't be. It just can't be." He said and looked into the break room.  The rest of the team followed his gaze to see him looking at his daughter. "So.. what's the plan?" Kim spoke out, breaking the long silence. "Do we question her..? Or what?" Adam asked. He was still the newest member to the team so he was the one who asked all the dumb questions..

"No. We don't question her because she didn't do it!" The Sargent yelled drawing Ellie's attention at him. Al noticed this and knew that hank had to calm down. "Hank, let's go for a walk." Al said and patted hank on the back. As soon as they left, the rest of the team sat down at their desks all but Erin who went to check on Ellie.

"Hey, how you holdin' up?" Erin sat down. "I'm fine. What's going on? I saw Sasha leaving. She didn't seem too happy." Erin felt her heart crack even more than it did earlier. She knew she'd have to lie to her, it wasn't fair. "Well.. we did question Sasha but she didn't seem to know anything." Erin said softly. She wasn't completely lying. Right?

Meanwhile, Hank and Al were outside the district. They were walking around at a near by park.
They walked in the silence, Al was just waiting for Hank to open up and talk, which, surprisingly enough happened pretty quickly.
"I don't know what to do anymore. Ellie hasn't been eating, she doesn't bring any friends over, she doesn't go over to  either. I know she's practically an adult but I don't think she'll reach out for help if she needs it, which she does." Hank said, spilling his heart out in front of the person he trusts the most. "Have you tried talking to her about it?" "Yeah I've tried a couple times,she just keeps shutting me down." Alvin had nothing to say. He was pretty shocked to say the least. Hank was like a brother to him and Ellie was like a niece. Hank checked the time and said, "I think we should head back." And so they did.

Erin left the break room and sat down by her desk. "How's she?" Kim asked. "I don't think she knows what's going on yet. She'll be okay.. I hope." Kim shot one more look at the very confused teenager.

"Okay. We will interview Ellie." Hank said as he walked up the stairs. "You sure about this?" Erin asked giving hank the 'I-don't-think-this-is-a-good-idea' look. "Yes. I'm sure. Let's just get this over with.." 

"Let me be straight with you Ellie, Sasha claims that you could be somehow related to this. Can you explain?" Erin asked in a soft motherly tone. Ellie couldn't look up. She felt the lump grow in her throught.
"Ellie?" Erin spoke again, concerned and scooted closer to her on the couch.
"Look at me." She said. Ellie looked up, with tears in her eyes. "Ellie, what's going on?" She asked softly once again.
" I didn't do it!" She whispere-yelled.
"Okay then, do you know who did?" Erin asked putting a reassuring arm on her shoulder. "No. But I know it has to do with Sasha and her little gang!" Ellie exclaimed. "What makes you so sure?"
"Because.." ellie paused and took a deep breath. "because Sasha is a bully"  she said looking down.
"she always bullies me. Ever since that one party they did drugs in or something and the cops where called.. they thought I called them... anyway, Jessica was always nice to me. Not just to me, but also towards everyone else... she was at Hanna's birthday party yesterday... I- I don't know what happened after that! I swear!" Ellie blabbed off trying to block her tears, which unfortunately didn't work.
"You did good." Erin said as she rubbed Ellie's back.

"Okay, so we know Shasha didn't do it, her alibi checks out, we also know Ellie didn't do it either. So we check anyone and everyone close enough to Shasha that they might do this for her, maybe a boyfriend  or a close friend, she could've hired someone so check her phone records.I want to know everything about this girl." Hank barked out orders.

It's been a few hours since they started looking at records, all and any records, phone records, texts, anything that could tie Sasha to the murder, when kim yelled out. " I got something." She said as everyone came closer. " so, I looked at Sasha's phone records and I couldn't find anything, so I checked her social media, turns out she has a brother who so much happens to be Jessica's ex. I'm thinking he may have did it, so I looked at his records." She said and took a picture out of the printer " I present to you, Derek Smith, twenty years old, priors for possession, reckless driving and assault of the first degree. He beat up a teacher in his school a couple years back." She looked at Hank, who joined sometime in the middle of Kim's explanation, "Okay, so Burgess, Al, pick him up." With no farther explanation, Hank walked back into his office and Kim and Al walked out of the district to go pick Derek up.

"Derek smith! Chicago PD" they said as they entered his work place, a construction site. It looked as if he considered bolting, but he decided to be smart and not run.
"How can I help you guys?" Derek questioned. "Where were you Sunday night between eleven and twelve pm?"
Kim asked. " I was at home. I'm not allowed to be out thise hours. I'm on porol." He muttered. " is there anyone that can verify that?" Alvin asked. " well.. no. But I was home!" he started getting nervous and the two detectives saw it. "Then you won't mind if we ask you some questions would you? How about you come with us." Kim said as she started walking towards the car whilst Al was pushing the suspect in that same direction Kim had gone.

"So Derek Smith, did your sister tell you to kill Jessica Hudson?" Jay asked hoping to get information out of him. "No. Why would she ask me to do that?" He replied. "Hmm. You don't seem too surprised at the fact she's dead. Why's that?" Jay said.
"Sasha is in the other room and she's talking. So if you don't start I'll have to take her word for yours." He added. "What did she tell you?" Derek asked suspiciously. "Well, she claims that she told you to scare her but you were still so pissed that she broke things off with you, that you went and killed her." Hanks said with a smug on his face, knowing he'll brake.
"No! She didn't tell me to do anything! I swear it was all me!"

Derek confessed, case closed you may think. But there was still one thing Hank ought to do before he sees his daughter again. Three knocks on the Smoth residence until someone opens.  Luckily for Hank, Sasha is the one who opens the door. "How can I help you?" Sasha asks clueless. "You can help me by stopping all the bullying you do. My daughter suffered enough and you are making her life a living hell, so, if I ever hear you bullied Ellie again. I will find you and make sure you don't see the light ever again. Am I clear?" He threatened. Sasha gulped and nodded. "Good, I hope you have a good day." He smiled and turned around.

A/n: sorry for the shitty chapter..
Hope you have a good day:)