Chapter thirty-nine

"If I eat bad things will happen. I ate and I got beat, I hate and you got shot and the twins got taken away. Only bad things happen when I eat and I don't wa-..want bad things to happen any-anymore" she cries.

Dominic's POV.

I look down at the little girl in my arms.

My princess.

"Baby, nothing bad is going to happen if you eat?" I tell her.

"I can't, don't force me please" she cries out.

"Baby, the only bad thing is that you're not eating, you have to eat and you're not doing that right now, that's-...that's not okay" I tell her.

"But the shots-"

"Are for people who don't have all their vitamins and nutrients so they take them while eating" I tell her.

"But-"

"Princess no, you can't stop eating. Nothing bad will happen if you eat, I can promise you that" I speak up.

She shakes her head while holding me tight, "princess, don't argue about this with me. All your brothers and doctors would have the same opinion as me on this. You have to eat, and we can take things slow. Start with small things but something." I explain.

"You can't force me" she mumbles.

"No I can, I'm your brother and your guardian. I don't want you to die or get sick, you're my responsibility and the person that I love most in this world. I am not letting you die" I speak determined.

She doesn't respond just cuddles me when she realizes this is pointless arguing.

————

Alessia's POV.

Flower brings me to the cafeteria where he grabs some food with me.

I look around uncomfortably.

It feels as if the food is staring at me.

Does that make sense?

I'm not sure.

I walk next to Flower as he guides us to his office.

Inside the place we go and sit in the couches.

Flower places all the food in front of us on the table.

No

My leg bounces nervously.

I don't want bad things to happen.

I feel nauseous and dizzy but knowing that I can't get out of this, I grab a piece of apple.

My breathing is shaky and labored.

Flower gently holds my other hands.

He also takes a piece of apple, "let's try together yeah" he suggests while giving me a soft smile.