🍭 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 🍭

Jailen

I think I fell asleep almost immediately last night.

I hard Harry get out of bed this morning but I couldn't bring myself to wake up completely and eventually ended up dozing off again.

I'm sure it was a little past noon by now and I dreaded getting out of bed because I knew that meant I would have to face my parents. More specifically my mom. My father was never the problem. In fact, I think he and my brother were the only people in the house who missed me. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel bad for not keeping in contact with my father for the past year but he and my mom were a package deal. If I had to deal with one, I had to deal with the other. And up until now, I was perfectly fine with not dealing with either.

I opened my eyes and stretched, taking my arms from underneath the blanket and holding them in the air as my back arched off of the bed. I groaned as I let them fall but something brushed against my skin. I flinched and sat up in the bed, my eyes immediately zoning in on the rose petals sprinkled around me. What?

The blanket fell from my chest as I sat up some more and looked around the room. Hundreds, many even a thousand rose petals were littering the room. I couldn't see the floor. I furrowed my eyebrows, turning my head to see that bouquet sitting on the nightstand. In a clear vase, the green stems were easy to see. I picked up the vase, struggling a bit because it was heavy and it was only then that I noticed the small card that was attached to it.

I chewed on my cheek as I read it, immediately recognizing Harry's handwriting.

you don't have to be sorry for leaving and growing up xx

I rolled my lips into my mouth and sat back against the headboard. I looked around the room again. Did he do this himself? How come I didn't hear him? My heart clenched as I leaned over to put the vase back on the nightstand. I tossed the blanket back and stood up from the bed, my feet instantly being met with some of the many rose petals. I needed to say thank you.

The room was cold, it reminded me that I wasn't wearing anything other than panties. I made my way over to the closet and grabbed one of Harry's shirts, considering that all of the clothes I had here were too expensive to just be lounging around the house in. His shirt was probably too expensive to be lounging around the house in but I'd rather wear this than have to put on something uncomfortable. Plus it smelled like him.

I couldn't help but smile as I shuffled across the room. When I opened the door, the wind made some of the rose petals fly out into the hallway. I didn't want Jonah to have to clean this up so I tried to kick them back into the room, only to fail miserably and give up once I heard voices coming from downstairs.

I walked down the stairs quickly, finding myself a little too excited to see Harry. But when I walked into the kitchen and saw him and my mother standing there, my excitement quickly faded. They stopped talking immediately, their heads snapping over to me as I stood in the threshold.

My mother sighed and folded her arms across her torso as she leaned against the counter. Harry closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, anger evident in his features.

I frowned, "What's...going on?"

My mother was quick to respond, "Nothing, Harry and I were just discussing a few things."

"What kind of things?" I asked, but I wanted Harry to answer. I made that obvious when I kept my gaze on him. When he didn't say anything, I huffed, "What kind of things, Harry?"

"Jailen, don't pester him. You finally got a man, don't drive him away by nagging. We were just talking about last night," My mom waved me off, "Your father and I have a flight to catch, so we won't be here long."