Chapter 1- Hell

Chapter 1

"Iris!" "Tia!" Julia, my best friend came running to us while we were chilling out in the park. "Jules! Where in the hell were you?!" Tia exclaimed as Julia approached us.

"I wasn't in hell..sadly.. But I was once again researching about it! And you guys won't believe what I recently found out!"

Julia has been interested in hell, sins, Satan, demons, ghosts and all that stuff since middle school. I can't even count the number of horror rituals and games she has made us  play over the years.

"Ugh.. What is it this time?" Tia asked with an uninterested tone.

"So, since last week, I have been reading a lot about Satan and yesterday night, I found out this number, which belongs to Satan himself!" Julia happily cheered.

"Wow, I didn't knew there's internet in hell too." Tia dismissed.

"You don't believe me?"

"Of course not."

"What about that number?" I asked. I didn't believed in all this Satan stuff but I was still curious.

"Yeah so, it said on the website that if you text this number at 3:33 a.m. on the night of the new moon, within 6 minutes, if he wants, Satan will reply to you!"

"And then?"

"Then you can talk to him."

"That's it?" Tia crossed her arms in front of her chest, still looking unbothered.

"What do you mean by 'that's it'? You can literally talk to Satan himself! Isn't that great enough!?" Julia stared at Tia in shock and annoyance.

"Doesn't Satan have any other work to do rather than texting to weird humans like you?" Tia stared back at Julia with equal annoyance.

"He's Satan! He can do anything." Julia said with twinkling eyes.

After roaming around aimlessly in the streets of our neighbourhood for sometime, we all went home. No one talked about the number anymore. We were graduating in a few weeks and then we'll all will be off to our dream universities.

Finally, I would be out of the hellhole I have been living in since the last 18 years. I have experienced hell and seen Satan in my own house. My mother had passed away shortly after giving birth to me and my father, he's an abusive asshole. He comes home everyday, drunk and beats me. He doesn't even have a job. I have to work all day to bring food on the table.

I have worked really hard in my studies to get the scholarship to my dream university. Just a few weeks and this seemingly never ending nightmare would be over.

****

After completing my night shift at the Cafe, I went home to see the house in a complete mess. There were broken pieces of glass everywhere and alcohol was spilled in the kitchen. The smell was absolutely disgusting. Lying on the couch, looking extremely unbothered and watching TV, was my 'father'.

"What is all this mess?!" I yelled before I could control myself. I was so tired from all the work and listening to customers giving me rude orders and now I had to cook food and clean the mess he'd created.

He looked up to see me with an angry glare. "Did you just yell at me?!" Dad screamed. He got up and started coming towards me. "I- I am sorry. I didn't mea-mean to-" before I could complete my sentence, he grabbed a fistful of my hair and punched my stomach.

I led out a loud scream but I know there would come no one to save me. He slapped me hard across the cheek and I fell on the floor. I clutched my cheek as tears brimmed at the corner of my eyes. He grabbed my throat and started choking me. I struggled to get out of his death grip by clawing my nails at his hands and finally managed to push him away. This only made him get more angry.

He started slapping and punching me until I started to feel unconscious. I laid on the floor, limp as he stomped his foot on my stomach. He kicked me and went away as I was engulfed by darkness.

****

"Did he beat you again?!" Tia asked me as I sat down beside her. I simply nodded, not wanting to elaborate.

"Why don't you do anything about it? Iris! This is enough!"

"Leave it, Tia. We are leaving this place soon and I won't have to face him anymore."

"No, Iris! You need to get that monster punished!" Tia insisted but I kept declining. I don't want to deal with all that court and police nonsense. I just want to live my life, freely, without any fear. And as long as his shadow is over me, I won't be able to do that.

"It's new moon after two days!" Julia came running upto us.

"So?" Tia snapped.

"Did you forget what I told you yesterday?" Julia narrowed her eyes at me and Tia.

"That Satan number thing?" I asked and Julia excitedly nodded.

"Don't tell me that you're planning on texting that number." Tia deadpanned.

"Yup. I am doing exactly that!" Julia proudly stated.

The two kept bickering about it while I zoned out of their conversation. These two can be so annoying sometimes with all their arguments.

****

"Iris, my baby!" Brandon, the biggest jerk of our school blocked my path in the alleyway. This guy never meant good and I immediately wanted to get as far away from him as possible.

His brother, Jason, bullied me throughout high school and now he is following his brother's path.

"Please, let me go." I pleaded but he just chuckled at my face.

"Not so easy." he came closer to me and eyed me from top to bottom. I felt so disgusted under his gaze. He pinned me to the dirty wall and pressed his lips on my neck. He began biting and sucking on my neck and over my collarbone. I tried to push him away but he was just so much stronger than I was.

"Let go Brandon!" I yelled and yelled as I struggled against him but he just ignored me.

He assaulted me that night in that alleyway.

At home, I suffered my father's beatings again.

This life was hell and what happened today, just makes me want to end myself. If I tell Tia and Julia about this, they will advice, no no, they will make me go to the police but Brandon is just so powerful. And my own father won't support me. There weren't even any witnesses. It would just create more trouble for me.

What did I do deserve this? Am I really that bad that I have to constantly live in this nightmare? I wish it was me who had died instead of mom.

Am I getting punished for the sins I Commited in my past life? Julia had told me about this once. Should I believe this? Is Satan real? Does heaven and hell actually exist?

There's only one way to find the answers to these questions.

Satan himself will tell me.