Part 31

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

The next morning, I was hurrying with breakfast as well as answering calls to book appointments with my patients. "Yes, 12 will be good. Ok, see you then, bye," I said hanging up the phone. Within minutes, I had another call. I found a hard time multitasking and was confused, running around the kitchen while writing down appointment timings on a piece of paper. Sana got ready with Roopa Maasi and came out. "Ok, see you. Bye," I said to another person and hung up. I sighed and rested the phone down. "Sid, come, I'll help you," Maasi said taking the bread from me. "Thank you Maasi," I said kissing her hairline. I took my phone and sat at the table with Sana. I had already booked my entire morning and even lunch. I sat and looked at the paper, trying now to see if I could push some appointments to after lunch. "Can I help?" Sana asked. "No thanks. I'm good," I said smiling. "I can, if you want," she said. "It's ok Sana," I said staring at the paper. "You need to place an advertisement as soon as possible for a new secretary. How long will you manage without one?" Maasi said. "I'm on it. I just need to go to the newspaper company," I said. "If you don't mind, may I make a suggestion?" Sana asked. "Go ahead," I said. "What if I fill in the position for a few days until you get a new secretary?" She asked. "No, you need to rest. I can't give you work to do," I said. "But, I just have to sit and answer calls. That's no labour," she said. "I think she's right. You should consider this suggestion," Maasi said. I looked at both of them and thought, if I agree, I will have Sana with me throughout the day. That way, she will remain in front of me and I get to see her the entire day. As my phone rang again, "Ok, you're hired," I said and handed it to her. She smiled and answered the call. She took the paper from me and wrote down the appointment. Maasi brought breakfast for us and then left. Sighing, I said, "Now, Miss Gill, have your breakfast quickly and get ready to start work." She smiled at me and ate her breakfast. After breakfast, I gave her the keys to go and open the clinic and turn on the lights and my computer while I stayed upstairs to clean up the kitchen and do the dishes.

Sana's P.O.V. 

I took the keys from Sidharth and went down to the clinic from the backdoor, which lead straight to his office. I opened the door for patients to start coming and turned on the lights and AC. I went to his office and rested the keys on his desk and turned on his computer. His white coat was hung on his chair and his stethoscope was laying on the table. I got a mischievous idea and smirked. "La la la..." I sang as I wore his coat and hung his stethoscope around my neck. I sat on his chair and straightened my back and held a stern face as I started mimicking him. With a deep voice, I said, "Shut up Sana! Stop your childish behaviour. Enough with your foolishness. I told you that I will tell you tonight so just leave and let me meet my patients. Go!" "Ahem..." I heard and turned around. Sidharth was standing  behind me with his arms folded. I got up nervously and took off his stethoscope, embarrassed. Coming closer to me, he stopped and held a long face. "Hey doc," he said in a squeaky girl voice. My mouth formed an o as I exclaimed, "I don't talk like that." He giggled. As I was handing him the stethoscope, he held my hand and stopped me. He made me sit in his chair and went around the desk and sat opposite me. "Doc, I have a problem. I was hoping that you can give me a cure," he said. I went along with the play and said, "Tell me, what are your symptoms?" "Well, I have a pain in my chest. It's not a pain pain but it's making me a bit uncomfortable at times. But, strangely enough, whenever I think about one girl, it sudden goes away," he said. "Hmm...I think I know what's wrong with you," I said. "I think this is a classic case of loveritis," I said. "So, what line of medication do you prescribe?" He asked. "You know the cure and are asking me? The girl that eases the pain is the cure," I said. He looked at me with a smile. Someone opened the door of the clinic and entered saying, "Good morning." "I'll keep that in mind, doc," he said smiling. I got up and took off his coat and stethoscope.

He came around the table and wore them. "I'll send your first patient," I said. I left the office and went outside to see a middle aged woman. "Good morning," I said with a smile. "I'm here to see Dr. Shukla," she said. I opened the paper and asked, "Your name, please?" "Rano," she said. I scratched her name off the list and said, "You can go in." I took a seat behind the desk and began rewriting all the names from the paper in the diary. More patients began entering and seated themselves. As one patient left, I called another in the order of the list of appointments. Mom entered the clinic and looked at me surprised. I smiled at her. "Hey, I went upstairs to meet you. I didn't know you were here," she said. "Yeah, I'm helping Sidharth out with his appointments," I said. "Oh! That's great! You found something to keep yourself occupied," she said. "I did," I said. "Well, I guess, I can head back home now seeing that you are able to get back to normal," she said. "I told you before as well that I am fine. And I also have Sidharth with me. When I am completely fine, I promise that I will come back home. Even I am dying to come back," I said. Sidharth came out of his office and looked at us. He had a slight frown. "Do you want me to send in the next patient?" I asked. He nodded. As he turned around to leave, Mom stopped him and went to him. Smiling, she hugged him. Breaking the hug, she said, "Thank you for fulfilling your promise." I looked at them confused. She turned to me and smiled. "I will be waiting for your return everyday. I am leaving here without worrying because I know that Sidharth will take care of you," she said. I smiled and hugged her tightly before I looked at her leaving. "Sorry," I said to Sidharth, "I'll send the next patient in." He went back inside and I sent the next person inside. I answered calls and booked appointments for tomorrow and the coming week as well.