↳ 23

"I know that something has changed" Autumn and EJ sing the iconic song in unison, smiling at each other. The theatre crew was currently in the middle of a very important rehearsal since the production was only a few weeks away from its opening night.

The two lovers meet in the middle, each singing into their own microphone. "Never felt this way" Autumn sang as she eyed two students that just passed a ladder over her head. 

"But right here tonight this could be the start of something new" Autumn and EJ returned to their assigned positions as the background dancers positioned themselves around the lead actors.

"And now looking in your eyes" Autumn gestured for one of the girls to turn around the cardboard she was holding since it was upside down.  "I feel in my heart the start of something new"

Miss Jenn gestures for them to take a break, smiling at her students. "You're all doing very well. Let's maybe try to get the cardboard right next time." The teacher joked, earning a bashful smile from the girl who was holding the mentioned prop.

Suddenly the bell rang and EJ threw his arms into the air - after putting down the microphone, of course -, screaming 'Yes, Yes'. The remaining students looked at him with curiosity, not being used to this weird behavior coming from the water polo guy, and EJ blushed sheepishly. "Sorry, I really love Thanksgiving." He explained.

A couple of chuckles are heard throughout the room as everyone starts rising from their seats, eager to go home. Miss Jenn silences everyone so she could do one last speech before the break. "Ok, hold on. I know everyone is excited for the holiday break but, I'm me, and I have notes. Autumn and EJ, that was very good, but keep working. Ricky, your Chad is almost perfect."

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ɴɪɴɪ sᴀʟᴀᴢᴀʀ-ʀᴏʙᴇʀᴛs, ᴊᴜɴɪᴏʀ

I mean, I have to hand it to Ricky. He worked hard, especially to get on good terms with EJ, and he looks really good now. (awkward pause). In the show. He looks really good in the show.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

"Your homework over this break, all of you, is to please go on vocal rest." Miss Jenn continues. "And go over your lines too... which is hard to do on vocal rest. Make it work. And, remember, may nothing ever block your doorway to happiness."

The teacher is then interrupted by Mr. Mazzara, who showed up in the rehearsal room with an oddly full binder. He gives it to Ashlyn, as she is the co-captain of the robotics team. Autumn gives her friend a curious look, to which Ash responds by shrugging, a mysterious smile on her lips.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

Asʜʟʏɴ Cᴀsᴡᴇʟʟ, Sᴏᴘʜᴏᴍᴏʀᴇ

There's a lot people don't know about me.  I'm on the debate team, I'm in the baking club. Oh I'm high priestess of the Salt Lake Rennaissance Fair. (changed into a medieval costume). So meek. So mild. Sword. (grabs a sword). It's whatever.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

Autumn sits next to Gina and Ricky in a corner of the brightly lit room, the three of them trying to ignore the childish banter between Miss Jenn and Mr. Mazzara. "So, do you guys have plans for Thanksgiving?" Ricky asks, smiling at his friends.

"Well, my mom went to my grandma's house to help move some stuff, and she's not back until next week. So I guess I don't have any plans." Autumn replies, resting her head on Gina's shoulder. The latter smiles and gently pats her best friend's head.

Before Gina has time to give her answer, Carlos shouts. "Party at Ashlyn's after Thanksgiving tomorrow! Everyone's invited!" The crew immediately erupts in cheers, excited about the party.

"Well, I guess I do now." Gina finally responds to Ricky's question, grinning.

﹏﹏﹏

EJ smiles, grabbing Autumn's hand and squeezing it gently. They were currently in front of Gina's house, waiting for her to come outside so they could go to Ashlyn's house. However, Autumn was a nervous wreck - they had finally decided to tell Gina about their relationship, and the brunette girl was afraid of Gina's reaction.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂

ᴇᴊ ᴄᴀsᴡᴇʟʟ, sᴇɴɪᴏʀ

I learned a little something when I came clean to Nini during all that Miss Jenn drama. I felt free. I wanna keep feeling like that. So, I decided to be honest with everyone and stop hiding my relationship with Autumn. I'm crazy for her and everyone should know it. So, we decided to start with Gina, and then tell everyone else. I just... It feels right.

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂⠂⠄⠄⠂

Gina opened the door, smiling at the sight of her best friend and EJ. She gives Autumn a little hug before eyeing the couple's intertwined hands, giving them a knowing smirk. "I knew something was going on! Are you finally together?" Gina asks excitedly.

"Yes... I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner, we were trying to keep it low-key to avoid any drama. Are you mad?" The Campbell asked, anxiously biting the inside of her cheek as she waited for Gina's reaction.

"Are you kidding? I'm so happy for you two!" The Latina girl exclaimed, throwing her arms around the two of them and pulling them all for a hug. "You better know I was rooting for you two since the beginning."

﹏﹏﹏

Autumn woke up to the incessant ringing of her phone. Upon seeing the caller through her sleepy eyes, the girl immediately sat up on her bed, grabbing the device and pressing the little green button to accept the call. "EJ, what's up? Why are you calling so early in the morning, love?"

"Don't freak out, tulip, but I just got a message from Ash. She says the school theater burnt down." Her boyfriend replies, a hint of panic in his voice as he told her the news. Everyone knew the implications of the event - no theater, no show.

"WHAT?" Autumn asked, now fully awake. Oh, sh*t.

(A/N - I'm so glad to be back, now that school is over! These past two months without writing anything besides school assignments were very difficult for me, but I'm happy it's all over now and I'll be able to post more regularly. Also, I decided I wouldn't include the whole Gina moving away storyline in this fanfic because, let's be honest, our girl has suffered enough. Alright, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll see you next time!)