Listen

Chapter 6

"Where's Api?"

Blaze froze from under the blanket he had been hiding in the entire day. He had been so focused on writing in pure secrecy on a notebook he had stolen from Solar, that he didn't notice how much time had flown.

He was also pretty sure that was Ice just right outside his room, asking for his whereabouts.

A few days had passed since the incident. His brothers and friends had fully recovered from their bruises, sprains and burns, which was also thanks to Thorn and his healing herbs. Meanwhile, Blaze decided to lay low, trying to figure out how he can prevent their meeting with RevBot.

He realized he had to be serious about this and do everything he could to avoid that unfortunate end.

But more specifically...

"As soon as RevBot had hit one of us, TAPOPs was already doomed!" Solar yelled, eyes filled with angry tears, "It doesn't matter if it was Gempa! All it takes is for one of us to turn Reverse for everything else to fall apart!"

He had to avoid RevBot from hitting one of them. No matter who it was. Or else...

He shook his head and quickly hid the pen and notebook under his pillow just as the automated doors open.

"Api? Are you—oh, there you are."

"I'm sleeping. Leave me alone."

No sooner did he feel the bed dip next to him, "You don't sound like someone who's supposed to be asleep."

With an annoyed huff he pulled down the blankets and pouted at Ice. Said brother smiled fondly at him and grabbed his arms to pull him up into a sitting position.

"Does your head still hurt?" He asked running his hand through his hair to check the injury.

"No. I'm good." Blaze answered truthfully, letting the other check in on him. Despite hating having his brothers worry about him, Ice was always the exception to that. When it was him, it wasn't annoying or embarrassing, it was just... Ice being Ice.

His brother then smiled in contentment and gave him a gentle noogie, causing Blaze to snicker and push the offending hand away.

"Are you excited? Today's the day you finally get to use your powers again."

And just like that, he finds himself full of energy as he jumped on his bed and on to his feet, "Heck yeah! I've been itching to get some training done! Will you spar with me!?"

Ice nodded calmly before reaching out to grab his hand to steady him, "Of course. But we follow through what Tanah says. No heavy sparring."

"Ugh... I keep telling him I'm fine now." Blaze collapsed back to sit on the bed, his legs crossed and his hand rubbing absentmindedly on a familiar spot at the back of his leg, "Ochobot showed him the figures and everything!"

"You have to be patient with Tanah. He's just worried about you." Ice said in a soothing manner, "We all are."

"I'm fine now. And it won't happen again!"

Ice frowned, he looked like he wanted to say something but immediately held himself back as he opted to bring up another topic, "By the way, our plans on going back home to Earth had been postponed."

"Oh... we're still doing that?" Blaze tried not to look back at the pillow where Solar's notebook was hidden.

"Of course. I think we all need the break." Ice said, though he looked at him with a knowing stare.