Prostitute

He woke in his bedroom only remembering Hikaru giving him a drink and that painting flowers on the ceiling in a home filled with men was a horrid idea. And something about Ema.

Crud...Ema had seen him like that?

Despite his pounding headache, he marched with the intention of the devil for souls towards Hikaru's bedroom door. He had to stop along the way to throw up in his toilet so hard he thought his socks would come out, but he made it and pounded the bastard's door in time with his head.

"Not cool, Hikaru," he growled into the door, not bothering to cover how awful he felt.

He nearly fell in when Hikaru opened the door, looking sleepy and more male than ever with a night's growth of facial hair. The okami didn't even give his usual smirk. He just pushed a plastic bag into Masaomi's chest with enough force to push him out of his doorway and closed the door. Masaomi moved to kick it with all his strength, but had to stop himself due to a dizzy spell. Instead, he took a look in the bag to see the usual cures for a bad hangover.

He had to stop at his bathroom to throw up again (why the HELL do people get drunk?), but made it to the kitchen feeling at least a little better now that he got that out of his system. Ugh, and the pain just combined with his wounded thigh to make his world a swirling vortex of discomfort.

Ukyo was in the middle of preparing breakfast when he staggered in.

"You look happy," he said dryly.

Masaomi glared, suddenly remembering that he had been there too. But since Ukyo hadn't helped Hikaru give him the drink, he let his punishment slide.

Before he could reach the coffee machine, Ukyo handed him a steaming cup of it, made just the way he liked it.

"I'll make you some toast," he said, in a tone that said he was sorry he couldn't do more. "Don't worry, if I make anything for Hikaru it will be laden with laxatives."

He grunted and took the coffee.

It wasn't until he took the first bite of the toast Ukyo brought him that he realized he had to work today too. That made him groan and drop his face into the table.

"What's up with big bro?" asked Wataru, who had just walked in.

"Hikaru was a jerk and did something to ruin his sleep."

No need to tell the youngest he had a hangover for no good reason. Though the kid was 13, so he would have been able to handle it, wouldn't? Oh screw it. Whatever.

He finished his toast. Threw back some pain pills. Got some more coffee. Headed up for a hot shower. Got out to call in and say his leg was being a beast and he'd have to come in tomorrow, just to be told by Dani that she didn't expect him until Monday next week anyways. Fall on his bed. Go to sleep.

Dream of Ema, dressed in a sheer, pink summer dress that showed the pattern and lines of her bikini underneath. Behind her the sun reflected off the beach sand and water till he could hardly see her through the light. It hurt his eyes. But it was a good thing. He wasn't supposed to look at her like that anyways, old man that he was. Creep.

Still, blinded as he was, he reached out and scooped her into his arms. He could feel her, couldn't he? Hugs weren't bad. And he'd hold whatever part of her she allowed, even if it was just her toes.

A soft knock woke him. Happy to find his headache considerably better and his appetite back, he went to the door.

To find Ema, holding a tray as though summoned there by his dream.

Inwardly, he groaned. She had seen him...

"I brought lunch." She gestured her chin to the tray.

Something in the way she held her shoulders gave Masaomi the impression she was uncomfortable with something.