Chapter 12 Part 3: Adventure In The Elements

3rd POV

  The four followed the screaming to witness Eda being snagged up by a Slitherbeast.

  "Eda!" (Y/n) cried out.

  "Luz!" Amity calls out.

  "What did we miss?" Edric says as he stops beside (Y/n).

  Amity furrowed her eyes, "and what are you doing with my wand?"

  Luz glanced away nervously, "Um..."

  (Y/n) frowns, "Luz, what did you do?"

  Amity takes her wand and her book and holds them protectively.

  Emira places a hand on Amity's shoulder, "Mittens, we've got bigger problems."

  The Slitherbeast advances on them, Eda still held in one claw. It growls at them.

  Emira runs in front of Luz, (Y/n), and Amity. "Aw, he's so cute. Can we keep him?"

  Edric runs up with Emira, "It's no bat, but we could try."

  Edric and Emira both cast a lasso at the Slitherbeast's hands. It growls and pulls at the bonds. Edric and Emira struggle to keep hold.

  "You got it! Now finish it off!" Eda cheers.

  Amity nods, "I'm on it!" She runs forward and tries to cast with her wand, but fails. "What?" Amity smacks the wand against her hand, then notices the low battery light. She turns to Luz. "Did you use this all up?"

  Luz looks at Amity apologetically, "I... I didn't know!"

  "Come on, Luz!" Emira says excidingly.

  "Do those powerful spells you were talking about!" Edric adds.

  "Guys. I trying to say this before but, we don't actually... know any." (Y/n) says shamefully.

  The Slitherbeast growls and frees its hands with a yell. Emira and Edric are yanked into the snow.

  "Edric! Emira!" Amity says worryingly.

  The Slitherbeast picks up the Blights, but Amity falls through.

  "No!" Amity yells as the Slitherbeast puts Edric and Emira into the claw holding Eda and runs off.

  The captured witches yell as the Slitherbeast goes. Amity, (Y/n), and Luz follow them for a bit, then stop, panting as they watch trees shake as the Slitherbeast runs through them.

  "What do we do?" Luz asked

  "Me and Amity are going after them. You are staying here," (Y/n) says sternly.

  "I want to help!" Luz says pleadingly, "it has Eda!"

  Amity advances on Luz, clearly angry, "and because of you, it also has my brother and sister!" Amity paused as (Y/n) puts her hand on Amity's shoulder.

  "You stay here until we get back..." (Y/n) says strongly before nodding to Amity.

  Amity looks to the side, "(Y/n) is right. Stay put... You'll only get hurt." She draws a circle in the air. A matching circle appears on the ground around Luz. With a flick of Amity's hand, a cage rises from the circle on the ground.

  Now that Luz is going anywhere for the time being, Amity and (Y/n) ran where the Slitherbeast fled.

  "What's the plan?" Amity asks as she runs beside (Y/n).

  "We'll ambush, I'll serve as a distraction as you save your siblings and Eda." (Y/n) explains.

  Amity looks at (Y/n), "what if you get hurt? Going up to Slitherbeast is suicide!"