v. bea's room

CHAPTER V:
bea's room

CHAPTER V: bea's room

( June 1985 )

      "WELCOME TO MY BRAIN, STEVEN

"WELCOME TO MY BRAIN, STEVEN." Bea moved out of the way to give Steve a better look at her room. She was right, if her brain had taken a materialistic form, her room would be it.

There were dozens of posters covering all blank spaces, some her of bands like the Bee Gees and Fleetwood Mac then others would be of marketing for horror movies such as Halloween and Friday the 13th. Items of clothing had been thrown around, her bed in the middle of the right wall unmade, an easel in the right corner of her room with a tarp draped over it. A desk full of trinkets like paint brushes, polaroid photographs, duck tape, and semi-realistic drawings of people she knew. Steve included.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you, Beebs," Steve began as he inspected her room as she had been kicking things around to make it look more presentable, "I thought you slept in a coffin."

      "Touch nothing," she took one of her closed sketchbooks that he had picked up from her desk and pushed him to sit down on her bed, "or you'll be the one in the coffin." She sweetly smiled at him.

"No need for the hostility," he put his hands up.

      Steve then watched as Bea had been sorting through her things, making an attempt to make her room seem more appealing for Steve, but he didn't mind it in the state it had been in. There was a method to her madness and Steve respected it.

      "So... kissing virgin, huh?" he said while leaning with his hands behind him on her mattress.

Bea's eyes widen while her ears pinken, pointing at him, she said, "you're never to repeat that again." She pushed at his chest to which he dramatically fell on his back on her bed.

Furrowing his brows, Steve asked, "is that River Phoenix?" while staring at one of the posters she had pinned on her ceiling.

      Putting her knee in between his legs on the mattress for stability, the other knee on the other side of his right thigh, Beatrice leaned over Steve with her hands resting by his sides to cover her River poster with her head. "Are you going to question everything about my room's identity?" she asked, the necklaces she wore dangling over him along with her hair that she had left down.