Chapter 45

"What are you doing? Clean it up!" Odette yelled.

"I apologize, you majesty." Emma hurriedly cleaned up the mess she made.

"Well, it sounded unreal so it's natural to be shocked."

"That's impossible, your majesty. Catherina Dwight... She's already dead." Emma chuckled as she picked up the broken pieces with her hand.

"I know. And it was you who killed her."

Emma froze.

"I had my reasons at that time, your majesty." Emma said as she stood up.

Six years ago, Odette eventually asked why Emma used up the Blue Dragon's Tears on Rina when in fact, it was supposed to be Carla who died back then.

Emma explained that she made mistakes many times and replaced Carla's tea with Rina's.

And stupid enough, the empress bought her unreasonable excuses. It was because Emma had that suggestion about the love potion that Odette didn't mind about the Blue Dragon's tears anymore.

"Never mind that. More importantly, I need you to find someone for me." Odette uttered.

"Who is it?"

"That doctor from years ago. Duncan Delgado. He knows our secret too well and is hiding a rat after all these years. Find him."

"Find him? But your majesty-"

"Find him before the banquet. Clean the mess you made, b'tch."

Emma drooped her head and gritted her teeth.

'Why does it have to be me? She could simply order her servant Ash to look for him.'

Emma looked up and smiled. "I understand, your majesty."

"You may leave."

Emma bowed and left the empress dowager's chamber.

*Clack*

"Dammit."

She walked in the hallways and she wandered around the garden to relax her mind for a bit.

She was dressed up as a palace maid so no one would notice her.

Emma walked towards the rose garden and admired the view a bit.

"What are you doing?" A feminine voice called out to her.

Emma turned around, only to see that dominating green eyes and long blonde hair from Dorothea Knyghte, the current empress.

'!!!!'

"I greet the empress." Emma curtsied.

"Rise."

Dorothea looked at Emma, uninterested.

"Don't slack off and continue your work."

"Yes, your majesty."

Dorothea passed through her and her lady in waiting and court maids followed her from behind.

Emma was left standing in the same place.

Thinking about it, all the people that's close to Catherina was in high position right now. All the people Catherina knew... Emma also wished to know them as well.

Remembering Catherina's name being mentioned earlier brought her goosebumps.

Because it only means that either the empress dowager and her are hallucinating, or Catherina was indeed alive. But it was impossible.

Emma shook off those thoughts and focused on the empress dowager's order.

'Duncan Delgado huh...'

.
.
.

It was almost dusk.

Few meters outside the Dwight's mansion, Owen and Catherina were standing, wearing their hoods.

Catherina wanted to burst in directly in her house and see her family already. She missed them and she wants to tell them that she's alive and hug them tight.

But she needs to know if Emma is there or not.

"Owen, is Emma there?"

Owen used magic to see if Emma's presence was there and fortunately, she wasn't there. Not a single soul named Emma was inside the mansion.

"No."

"Then-! I want to go and meet them already. I- I really miss them." Catherina covered her eyes, her tears threatening to fall.

Owen patted her back. "Don't cry. Let's go together. I also need some explaining to do."

"But what if Emma is suddenly back?"

"I'll keep an eye on her." He smiled.

"Ohoho yes. And maybe kill her if she shows up."

"Hey! I thought of that first!"

"I have my knife ready."

"My shovel is ready too."

The fairies were thinking something brutal about Emma. They just wished that Emma will piss off so that they can finally be at peace.

Catherina held his hand. Her hands were cold, feeling nervous about seeing her family.

"What if... They don't believe me? What if they think I'm a fraud who impersonated Catherina Dwight?" Suddenly, the worst case scenario popped in her mind.

"Rina is Rina. I'm sure it'll work out."

"Yeah. If ever someone could impersonate her, then that person doesn't exist 'cause they can't duplicate Rina's beauty."

"Rina is the only Rina that will ever exist."

"Not even that b'tch Emma could replace her."

Owen was satisfied of hearing the fairies' wise conclusions.

"Believe in your family. I'm sure one glance is enough for them to find out who you are." Owen comforted her.

Catherina smiled, feeling reassured.

"Thank you."

Owen kissed her forehead and hugged her.

"Let's go."

"Mhm." She nodded.

The two of them held hands tightly as they teleported in the front door.

Catherina knocked on the door with pounding heart.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

...

Carla who just came downstairs at the exact moment heard that gentle, yet familiar knock.

A maidservant walked towards the door to see who it was.

"Ah, I'll get that. Please return to your work." Carla smiled.

"Yes, madame." The maid bowed then left.

Carla walked towards the door and held the door handle carefully.

For some reason, she felt nervous. Nervous, but in a good way. It was like something good was about to happen.

She opened the door slowly.

*Creak*

"How may I help you?" Carla asked as she saw two hooded figures in front of her.

*Thump* *Thump*

One of them uncovered their hood and her long, silver hair was exposed.

*Gasp* Carla covered her mouth out of surprise.

She couldn't believe what she just saw.

Long silver hair that only the Dwights possess, that familiar red ruby eyes, and that face... That unbelievably gorgeous face whom belongs to her daughter. It was her.

"Rina?" Carla's voice trembled as touched her cheek to feel if what she's seeing is real.

Catherina smiled as tears fell from her eyes.

"I'm back."