Chapter 12: Attack

A new day had arrived as Alvaro slept through all the whole day before. Now that his wounds had fully been healed, he had to start working. He couldn't afford to sit around and do nothing since in this world it would be impossible.

This was fine to Alvaro due him being a workaholic. Yet, a small part of him just wanted to go to sleep. In this unconscious state he didn't have to worry about anything at all.

As such, he knew better than anyone else the form of escapism sleep brought him.

Stretching his body for a bit, Alvaro's arm had a bit of lines throughout it. The ones that somehow appeared when waking up, nothing serious.

While Alvaro waited for Heinkel, he closed his eyes, but didn't fully go asleep. Soon, a knock was heard in front of the door. Weirdly enough the knock was different from Heinkel's.

However, people don't knock the same due to that fact Alvaro didn't bat an eye going towards the door. Alvaro slowly opened the door, the wood creaking.

"You're ba—"

Who is this?

Unfortunately the question wasn't answered once again. Alvaro's eyes widened as the sword swung to kill him. Barely dodging it, he quickly responded in the same manner. When taking his weapon, the only thing he grasped was pure air.

Shit! I forgot that I currently don't have any of my weapons.

Due to this miscalculation, Alvaro attempted to continue the attack by instead using a spell.

"Shamak!"

With all his might he punched the person in front in an attempt to make them move from the door.

The uneasy feeling was swept by the confusion of the situation. As he sprinted with all his might out his room, another unexpected surprise awaited him.

His windpipe had been crushed, leaving him unable to breathe. A slow process where surely the one responsible deliberately made it to make him suffer.

Alvaro clutched his neck, not knowing how much strength to put because he could damage himself in the process.

More flashes of supposed memories were seen by him again.

"I don't even know you! Who in the right mind would attack an innocent bystander."

"Innocent!? I hate you even more. You truly believe what you're doing is correct, huh?"

"Don't go accusing random people of crimes they didn't even commit!"

"Shut the hell up!!! You can deny it all you want, but the witch's misma is all over your body!"

"Wait a minute, I thought only witch cultists could smell it. Oh—"

Going back to normal, Alvaro's neck was covered in tiny scratches. Although the wounds bled, it wasn't enough for it to become drops. Taking deep breaths and ultimately ruining his stable breathing in his escape.

So those were the results of the action? But what does this person want from me? Well, of course they want to end my life. While that is true, what I need to figure out is the reason behind the attack.

He continued running, desperately trying to get away from the attacker. Luckily his spell hadn't been dispelled like the other time. Once out of the smoke, Alvaro bumped into many people on the street, even knocking some of them to the ground with his momentum.

His heart beated faster and faster, begging Alvaro to stop. In spite of that he dragged himself to run, he knew if he stopped he wouldn't have enough energy to make another sprint.