Sleep In: Eddie Munson

Request: so i may or may not be simping over him. but please can we have a fem reader where Y/N is ill and skips school making Eddie worried and tries to contact her on walkie at lunch but when she doesn't reply he goes to visit her skipping the rest of the school day and looks after her and cuddles in bed with her.

When you woke up this morning for school, you had a terrible headache, your nose was stuffed, and every time you coughed or sneezed it made your body hurt more, so there was no way you were going to be able to go to school. Your mom helped you take some medicine and made you some soup before she left for work telling you to call her if you needed her. After you finished eating your soup, you sat it on your bedside table and covered yourself up as you fell back asleep. 

Eddie was worried when he got to school and didn't see you there, because you never skipped school and you always told him if you weren't going to be at school. He tried to go about his day but it was so hard without you there and by lunch, he was straight-up miserable without you there. He walked out to his van and reached in his glove box for his walkie to see if he could get ahead of you and after trying a few times he decided to ditch and go check on him.

He pulled into your driveway and walked up to your front door knocking on your front door hoping you were there. He knocked again and that's when he heard the sound of your footsteps approaching the door, and then a few minutes you opened the door and that's when he saw you wrapped in a blanket looking absolutely miserable. 

"Eds what are you doing here?" You groaned as you let him inside. 

"I was worried about you sweetheart when you didn't show up at school and then you didn't answer me on the walkie." He said taking a seat on the couch next to you.

"Sorry I felt terrible this morning when I got up for school, so I took some medicine and ate some soup and then went back to sleep." You said coughing. 

"Oh sweetheart, you don't have to apologize. When was the last time you took something?" He asked rubbing your back. 

"A couple of hours ago before my mom left for work." You said leaning your head against the couch. 

"How about I make you some soup and then you can take something?" He offered as you nodded your head before telling him where everything was.

About thirty minutes later Eddie returned with a bowl of soup in his hands and set it in front of you and ran to grab some more ginger ale real quick. He returned and sat next to you watching as you ate which included tying your hair back for you which made you smile. 

"Thank you Eds, I wish I could kiss you." You pouted sadly after you finished your soup. 

"Why can't you?" He asked you as he got up to go get your medicine. 

"Because I'm sick and don't want you to sick." You said looking at him as he returned with your medicine. 

You took your medicine and Eddie leaned down and placed a kiss on your lips much to your dismay which made him laugh as you laid your head in his lap already feeling him run his fingers through your hair. 

"Thanks for taking care of me Eds." You said as you drifted asleep making Eddie smile as he placed another kiss on your forehead.