>Ch.18<

>Ch.18<

"I let them live on in my memories and remember they are one with the force

.
"I let them live on in my memories and remember they are one with the force. It brings me peace."
.

A soft breeze hummed against the tree's evergreen leaves as the luminescent moon shined over the glum woman, peering up into it's blue radiant rays as she leaned against a tree.

' "Who knew defeat could be so peaceful." '

In her pant pocket, her holoprojector buzzed, bringing her out of her daze.

Relief filled her gloomy face when the image of her adopted father appeared.

"Gideon!"

"Alora, my dear." He smiled but then grimaced. "I have some bad news for you."

Alora's own smile dimmed as Gideon shared the grim news.

"Kadon is presumed dead."

As Alora processed what Gideon shared, she slid to the ground whilst her expression contorted with grief—but she knew she couldn't show it.

Sucking in a heavy breath, Alora swallowed down the pain and spoke in a forced tone. "So be it. What now?"

Gideon raised a brow. "I'm afraid we wait, my dear." He sighed. "We are currently plotting a rescue for you."

Alora opened her mouth to refuse his help but she was unsure if Palpatine wanted her to tell others of her mission.

If she chose not to say anything about it, she at least wanted him to know part of the truth so he wouldn't question her reason for remaining with the Alliance.

And that's what she did.

"Before the end of the war, Palpatine sent me here to keep an eye on the Rebels."

Gideon gave a trusting nod. "I see well, unfortunately this may be the last time we speak. With the Alliance taking over I don't want to take any chances."

Alora looked down as he proceeded.

"I wish you the best my dear, Alora."

She raised her head—and her heart took control.

"I'll always remember you and what you've done for me. Thank you."

Her sudden kind words had Gideon's mouth in agape. He was too stunned to speak.

Immediately, Alora shut up and masked any evidence of emotion with a hardened look.