。twenty eight 。

♡

three months had passed since the battle of starcourt and adella seemed to be coping well, at least she was appearing that way. el had completely broken down for a few weeks so adella's job was to look after her sister, meanings he had to stay stronger and not let the younger see her break.

currently, she was going with steve and robin to family video to hopefully get a job, since she had decided to stay in hawkins while el would be living with the byers in california. adella was an adult so she could live on her own but she knew joyce didn't have much money and wouldn't want to burden the woman with spending more than she could afford, even if she had offered multiple times. she also didn't want to leave hawkins.

"you put your mum down as a reference?" robin asked steve, holding his résumé in her hand.

"yeah. why not? she's, like, super well-respected." steve replied as they all got out of his car.

"you're such a dingus." both girls said together, walking through the door which steve held open.

"wha-" steve stuttered, chasing behind them.

they got to the desk where keith was, looking as strange as ever. robin decided to speak, "uh, just to be clear, we weren't fired, you know. the mall burned down and, like, killed a bunch of people."

"thanks for sharing. didn't know." keith shot back. he pointed at robin and clicked his fingers, "three favourites movies. go."

"uh... the apartment, hidden fortress, children of paradise." robin listed.

"now you." keith pointed at adella.

"me? okay. um, ghostbusters, the shining, the rocky horror picture show." she answered quickly.

keith pointed at steve, "you, go."

"favourite movies?" steve repeated.

"did a stutter?" keith shot back.

"uh... animal house. for sure." steve hummed and robin scoffed, sharing a glance with adella.

"eyes on me, harrington." keith said, pointing to his eyes.

"yeah. uh... star wars." steve nodded.

"a new hope?" keith asked.

"a new what-now?" steve questioned and adella sighed as robin grimaced.

"which star wars?" keith demanded.

"the one with the teddy bears. duh." steve mumbled before imitating an ewok as robin flopped her head forwards in horror. "no? uh... oh, the one that just came out. the movie that just came out. the one with the delorean and alex p. keaton, and he's trying to bang his mum. the time... yeah, those are my top three. classics."