Landing on Miket Tirith 3

Flagship Amagi CDC

Shortly after receiving a report that the dropping of the LJDAMs and unguided bombs had been completed by 66 carrier fighters, the flagship, proceeding over the sea, receives further contact from the E-2D Hawkeye.

"Contact from Hawkeye. Enemy air force has been confirmed taking off. About 180 air units are approaching us in pursuit of the fighter group. Distance is about 45 kilometers west of the ship," the radio operator relayed the contents of the message.

The few survivors that could not fit into the temporary dragon houses on the ground and had been stored inside the warships of each country had taken to the skies in pursuit of the fighters.

"Shall we intercept them?"

The officer of the ship, Commander Sadamitsu Juppenshou, asked fleet commander Suzuki.

"That's right... tell the escort F-35Bs to use up all their ammunition. The others will be dealt with the ESSM," Suzuki replied.

The order to intercept was then relayed from the CDC to the E-2D Hawkeye, which in turn relayed the order to 15 JMSDF F-35B fighters equipped with air-to-air missiles and machine gun pods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the coast of Miket Tirith

The 15 F-35B fighters, having received the flagship's orders, turned their nose to meet the pursuing dragon squadron, facing Miket Tirith again. Because of the speed difference, a distance of several kilometers or more had already opened up between them and the dragons, which was supposed to have launched in pursuit of the fighters.

"All aircraft, prepare to fire air-to-air missiles. Fire all your weapons."

Each plane received the E-2D's instructions and set their sights on the dragons in the rear. Immediately after, the AIM-9X Sidewinder seekers caught sight of the target.

"Target acquired... Fox 2!"

Following the first launch, the second and third Sidewinders are fired from the 15 F-35Bs. The fifteen missiles were heading straight for their targets at Mach 3 speeds through the night darkness.

"Standby for the second attack!"

After completing the first firing, each aircraft prepares to fire the second shot without a pause.

. . .

"Shit...! Where are they going!?"

The enemy air force suddenly attacked his fellow soldiers, and the remaining dragons took to the skies to avenge their comrades, but they were outclassed by the speed of the enemy and lost sight of them in the blink of an eye. Salkor Chederik, one of the remnants of the dragon riders and commander of the Lacnam Army's dragon rider unit, revealed his frustration. At that moment...

BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM-BOOM!

The dragon was startled by a sudden flash and explosion, and goes berserk. In order to grasp the situation, Salkor looked around while quieting his own ride, and asked his subordinates about the situation.

"What's wrong!?"

One of the Lacnam soldiers replied to his superior's question.

"It appears that more than a dozen dragon riders have been shot down!"

"What!? Where did that come from—"

Salkor is shocked by the sudden attack out of the night darkness. Immediately after that, flashes and explosions struck them again. A dozen or so dragon riders crashed into the dark sea without time to scream. The dragon and the riders panicked as the attack is unleashed from an unseen location. AIM-9X Sidewinders continued to shoot down the dragons as if to ridicule them. And when they came to their senses, more than half of the dragon riders had already disappeared.